Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote:
    So why haven't Congress and the White House fixed a broken immigration system? Because it works for so many - illegal workers, business interests and middle-class Americans alike.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

How, for crying out loud, does it benefit middle-class Americans? And I am sick to death at hearing "broken borders" and "broken immigration system?". The only things I see broken are:
    A broken President
    A broken Senate
    Broken Policies
    Broken Laws
    And Broke Americans that are trying hard to get by on meager salaries because cheap labor can be found hiring illegal immigrants.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree with you Butterbean. It does not benefit middle class Americans, but the open borders lobby claims that illegal immigration does provide benefits by decreasing consumer costs.

As an interesting side note, I went to Sam's Club a couple of weeks ago and bought some blackberries at $4 per quart and I noticed that blueberries were $8 per quart. I certainly don't see much in the way of savings at these rates.

I also read an article in which an illegal alien sitting on the steps of the Georgia capital prior to the vote on their immigration bill claiming that the current cost of an average home in Georgia was $200k and that without illegal aliens it would be $400k. Interestingly enough, my husband and I have a contractor who only hires American workers and plays by all the rules with workman's comp., etc. I had him give us a ballpark estimate on building a 2000 sq. ft. brick home with a finished basement for my mother who is moving to our area this summer. A lot with utilities runs about $8k and he gave us an estimate of $185k to build the house. We live right next door to Georgia in Tennessee. So it just blew this guy's statement out of the water. They demand all the rights and privileges of citizens but don't want to play by the rules or want exemptions from rules that apply to everyone else.

Their arguments of "just trying to feed our families" carry no weight with me because from what I can see, that is what Americans are trying to do as well. We should not import poverty from other countries and the last thing we should do is to legalize criminals. Reward criminal behavior and you proliferate the problem. By allowing all these people to emigrate here illegally, we are enabling the corrupt government of Mexico to continue with their current socio economic trends of keeping the poor very poor and increasing the wealth of only a few. If we did not allow all these people to be here illegally, Mexico would have to deal with their people and fix the problems or face a revolution.

By the way, illegal immigration is not tolerated in Mexico. I don't know if you read American Patrol or not, but this was posted two days ago. I recognized it before Limbaugh had reached the end. See if you do. Here is the link:
    http://www.americanpatrol.com/_WEB2006/060418.html
    Rush Limbaugh speaks out on invaders
    This short clip was reportedly recorded from the Rush Limbaugh Show on April 6, 2006. Let's hope Bush and his cronies are paying attention.
    Listen

Welcome FyreStorm
    I saw that tape. I was thinking, "wow, this is how I feel". Then it turns out to be Mexico's immigration policy.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Actually it is not their immigration policy, it is the Mexican Constitution! Articles 32 and 33.

They seem to be protecting their borders while breaching ours. I wonder when those articles to their constitution were added. Any idea?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Article 32. (14)Mexicans shall have priority over foreigners under equality of circumstances for all classes of concessions and for all employment, positions, or commissions of the Government in which the status of citizenship is not indispensable. In time of peace no foreigner can serve in the Army nor in the police or public security forces.

In order to belong to the National Navy or the Air Force, and to discharge any office or commission, it is required to be a Mexican by birth. This same status is indispensable for captains, pilots, masters, engineers, mechanics, and in general, for all personnel of the crew of any vessel or airship protected by the Mexican merchant flag or insignia It is also necessary to be Mexican by birth to discharge the position of captain of the port and all services of pratique and airport commandant, as well as all functions of customs agent in the Republic.

Chapter III

Foreigners

Article 33. Foreigners are those who do not possess the qualifications set forth in Article 30. They are entitled to the guarantees granted by Chapter I, Title I, of the present Constitution; but the Federal Executive shall have the exclusive power to compel any foreigner whose remaining he may deem inexpedient to abandon the national territory immediately and without the necessity of previous legal action.

Foreigners may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country.

These are the actual articles in their constitution. It was written in 1917.
    Here is an excellent article on what foreigners and naturalized Mexicans are NOT allowed in Mexico:
    http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/ ... _House.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12