Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Not even teachers can speak English

Not even teachers can speak English
    Says 1, 'If you have problems, to who are you going to ask?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: September 1, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Cholla Elementary School, in the Casa Granda Elementary District in Arizona

An official state inspection of Arizona public schools reveals that many students are being taught English by Spanish-speaking teachers whose command of English is so poor that the officials can barely understand them.

The recent inspection revealed teachers providing instruction in Spanish instead of the legally required English, students unable to answer questions in English, and teachers' instructions such as "Sometimes, you are not gonna know some."

The results of the inspections were reported by the Arizona Republic, which concluded hundreds of students in the state are trying to learn English from teachers who don't know the language.

The inspections found teachers who are unable to use English grammar and cannot pronounce English words. The "You are not gonna know" comment came from a Mesa teacher instructing a classroom filled with students trying to learn English.

From a Casa Grande Elementary District teacher came, "read me first how it was before," and a Phoenix teacher at Creighton Elementary asked, "If you have problems, to who are you going to ask?"

State officials each year visit classrooms where children are learning English. Of the 32 school districts visited last year, there were problems at about one-third.

"Some teachers' English was so poor that even state officials strained to understand them," the assessment found. "At a dozen districts, evaluators found teachers who ignored state law and taught in Spanish."

The visits, which lasted from one to three days, discovered teachers did not know grammar or pronunciation. "In one classroom, the teacher's English was 'labored and arduous.' Other teachers were just difficult to understand. Some teachers pronounced 'levels' as 'lebels' and 'much' as 'mush,'" the newspaper reported.

Other visits uncovered:

In the Humboldt Unified District, one teacher said, "How do we call it in English?"

In Phoenix's Isaac Elementary, a teacher said. "My older brother always put the rules."

In Marana, a teacher said, "You need to make the story very interested to the teacher."
    The report found children in Cartwright Elementary in Phoenix who still were in the beginning stages of learning English were "sitting, comprehending very little, and receiving almost no attention."

Another school, in Maricopa Unified, provided English instruction for students, from a teacher's aide at the back of the class.

Changes, however, apparently are on the way. The state under a new plan is requiring that schools put language learners into four hours of classes each day where the students will learn English grammar, phonetics, writing and reading. It also has a new program to help school managers train teachers in the new procedures.

Those commenting on the newspaper's forum pretty much followed a single track:

"Send them back, problem solved," wrote "MikeB."

"In all fairness, send the illegals home, then there would be enough qualified teachers for the students that are legitimately here and eligible for school," added ToddStallion.

"Excuse me, but how about taking the teachers back to 1st grade and teaching them ENGLISH first?" added "azconservative."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=57419
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Oh my lord I needed that

An official state inspection of Arizona public schools reveals that many students are being taught English by Spanish-speaking teachers whose command of English is so poor that the officials can barely understand them.

The recent inspection revealed teachers providing instruction in Spanish instead of the legally required English, students unable to answer questions in English, and teachers' instructions such as "Sometimes, you are not gonna know some."

The results of the inspections were reported by the Arizona Republic, which concluded hundreds of students in the state are trying to learn English from teachers who don't know the language.

The inspections found teachers who are unable to use English grammar and cannot pronounce English words. The "You are not gonna know" comment came from a Mesa teacher instructing a classroom filled with students trying to learn English.
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have to learn to breath when I am laughing

Oh my lord I needed that

I am assuming the teachers were not hired according to US standards and Presedente Boosh's no child left behind act that Federal/State/local taxes pay for
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Don't leave the illegal alien kids behind so you have to drag everyone else down to their level.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why should the teachers follow the LAW that says they have to teach English?! I am amused that the spanish speaking teachers, that most likely replaced English speaking ones, are not following the law when teaching law breakers children. Looks like the tradition of ignoring the laws of the country continues.

Nice to see all those people who said the second and third generation immigrants will be fully assimilated/Americanized are right on the money.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

This is more true than the average American knows. There is also a shortage of math and science teachers around the country (or so they say). I'd say the last 4 years there have been teachers (I guess coming over with HB-1 visas) or maybe even coming over illegally. Especially, there have been teachers from India coming over. The school systems love to hire them because our government gives them a special incentive when they come. The school systems don't have to pay benefits. I know of one teacher who just came from India. She was an English teacher in India. I nor others can understand a whole lot of what she says. She was supposed to teach math and science, but at the last minute they gave her just science (that's really a silent demotion because math test scores are vital). This is a teacher teaching our kids. I find it hard to believe that a woman who barely understands what I say and vice versa was the best person for that teaching position. We are not talking about a diverse school. The school has mostly whites and some blacks.

Someone really needs to blow the whistle on this one. Maybe parents need to pay closer attention to the language abilities of their child's teacher (s).

I'm confused. These are teachers who have obtained degrees here? Who got their teaching certifications here? How did they pass?
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    I'm confused. These are teachers who have obtained degrees here? Who got their teaching certifications here? How did they pass?
    Faye,maybe the same rule applies to asking for their credentials as applies to asking someones legal status in the US.

Ok, Rawhide,

How did they get past the interview for their job?
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

You know, I hate to say it, but I've seen the products of this here. I'm a charge nurse. I get to see EVERYONE'S writing. For several years, I've been aghast when viewing my compatriots' writing. Poor penmanship, poor grammar, poor punctuation. I guess that's why I bought the complete set of Hooked on Phonics for my grandson. And I wondered the same... how did they pass?

Sorry Faye, I guess my attempt at humor didn't come across so good.

I also have seen the penmanship,spelling and grammatical errors when at work or dealing with others.I have also witnessed way too many young people who can't read very well at all getting put to the next grade or being in high school with 2nd-3rd grade reading levels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast