Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rawhide,

Your attempt at humor was fine and true. And my reply was not meant to bring you down, but reading it now, it is short and comes across as maybe a sharp retort. It is I who owes the apology; I'm just too used to saying things short and to the point or getting dismissed. I was just asking what I considered the valid next question. Without the tone, it comes across as a rebuke.

How DO you think they got through the interview?
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    I'm confused. These are teachers who have obtained degrees here? Who got their teaching certifications here? How did they pass?
    Actually, the U.S. has been recruiting teachers from Mexico for the past few years. In Southern California, (San Diego, to be exact), they recruited over 100 elementary school teachers from Mexico for the 2006/2007 school year.

These teachers are supposed to be bilingual and are SUPPOSED to be teaching in English...looks like that's not happening.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

American Girl,

And when they recruited them to teach in American schools, they didn't consider the teachers' English proficiency?!!! Didn't even bother to look at it?!!! WHERE HAS COMMON SENSE GONE?!! WHERE HAS PRIDE IN JOB PERFORMANCE GONE?!! WHERE HAS CONCERN FOR ONE'S COUNTRY AND PROGENY GONE?!!

This is despicable, a betrayal not only to American children but also to the illegals' children. Obviously, the vanguards of our educational system, school administrators, have kept quiet instead of voicing the problem as they should have.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Scary article!!

That's why, when I have kids, I'm moving to the Plano school district, as the Farmers Branch school district is mostly the kids of illegal hispanics, and has EXTREMELY low school ratings due to a large number of students not knowing English. Don't have that problem (yet) in Plano, although from what I hear, they are starting to bleed into the city a little. It's a higher-wage, higher home price area, which seems to have kept most of the illegals out so far. But, it may not last, since Dallas has become such an illegal magnet.

TexasGal

I wonder when we are going to start recruiting Muslims to teach American History! Oh, I forgot...it's called World History now!

We have all been given the Shafta! 12 years of Booshes and soon to be 12-16 years of the Clintonistas! We never had a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    I'm confused. These are teachers who have obtained degrees here? Who got their teaching certifications here? How did they pass?
    These are teachers hired from Mexico, several states have done this the last couple of years as they say there are a shortage of teachers, its really quite unbdlieveable. I say send the 30 million illegals home and we won't have a shortage of teachers!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I have science (physics) and math (engineering) degrees and wanted to teach in CA. I joined the SJSU graduate department and was told I needed two more years (after ten straight years already), including "theory of numbers," so I asked about testing out of some requirements but, no, then they wouldn't make as much money. I was told I would be a full-time student the first year, then teach for free and go to school the next. 60 credit hours total. I said ok, I'll do it, I'll teach for free but how am I going to afford to live for the next two years? This is a direct quote: "With your parents, like everybody else." I went on to a private high school and my students said I was the best math teacher they had had. So now you have the story about not enough "qualified" Americans to teach in public schools. BTW- my command of English is superior as well, but in this upside down world that doesn't matter. Did I tell you the funny story about my child's public school holding a teacher's conference in all Spanish? It was quicker than translating since everyone else spoke Spanish but me and I know Spanish as well.

What happened to fact that bilingual means being fluent in both languages, verbal and written?

Well, Well I guess I did read this Post must be loseing my memory!! or my mind, more than likly my mind!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12