Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Not legal? No Mexican driver’s license for you

Chris Hawley, USA TODAY

MEXICO CITY — The question of whether to give driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants has ignited a national debate in the United States.

Yet in Mexico, the biggest source of immigrants to the USA, there’s no debate: If you’re not in the country legally, you can’t get a driver’s license.

All of Mexico’s 31 states, along with the federal district of Mexico City, require foreigners to present a valid visa if they want a driver’s license, according to a survey of states by USA TODAY.

“When it comes to foreigners, we’re a little more strict here,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mirror Mexico's laws

We should mirror Mexico's immigration laws and start enforcing our own. I am fed up with being labeled a racist for opposing the invasion of my home when all I want is the law to be enforced equally to all people, how does that make me a racist?
    Nonfeasance of office, the refusal to do that which should be done. Officials do not enforce the law, grounds for dismissal and prosecution for refusing to do what they were hired to do!

This is another illustration of the hypocrisy of the Mexican government. They complain that we don't treat their "migrants" with respect, and that we should grant them a pathway to citizenship. We are accused of being racists because we dare to determine who should enter our country and who should be permitted to obtain a driver's license.

I agree, wavleyg. We should have laws as stringent as those in Mexico.

Currently, there are 193 recognized countries in the world. All 193 of those countries have established immigration policies. All 193 of those countries view illegal entry into their country as a crime. Therefore, all 193 countries take the stance that illegal immigration is not conducive to their well being. Nor is to be tolerated. The U.S. is one of those 193 countries. Should we not agree with the entire rest of the world and enforce our immigration laws?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)