Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

NY-Crimes unreported by immigs. worry police chief, mayor

Crimes unreported by immigrants worry Kingston police chief, mayor (videos)
    Published: Sunday, May 02, 2010

1 comment(s)

By PAUL KIRBY

KINGSTON — The city’s mayor and police chief are urging immigrants who have been victims of crimes to report the incidents to police immediately regardless of their legal status in the United States.

Police Chief Gerald Keller said his department does not investigate whether immigrant crime victims are in the United States legally, and Mayor James Sottile echoed that fact.

KELLER MOVED to reassure the public of the city’s policy after a 50-year-old Hispanic man was beaten and robbed on Prospect Street about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. The chief said the victim did not report the crime to police until Wednesday night, long after he had been robbed of cash by four men.

Keller said he is uncertain of the victim’s immigration status but has come to the conclusion that illegal aliens are reluctant to report crimes to police because they are afraid of being found out and deported.

THE POLICE chief said he had noticed a growing trend over the past couple of years of Hispanics becoming more reluctant to report crimes, leading him to believe there are crimes being committed against that immigrant group that are not being reported at all.

“We are concerned that a crime has been committed, and we want to work with the victim to solve that crime,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just once I wish an article spouting this BS would include statistics from the previous year about crimes reported and solved because of the don't ask, don't tell immigration policies for victims. Oh, because they don't ask that would be impossible...how convenient.

So I am left to guess and here is my guess. These crimes are more than probably committed by IAs against fellow IAs. The fear of reporting said crime is more likely because of fear of IA perp retaliation than from police authorities.

I could be wrong BUT I don't think so.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Just once I wish an article spouting this BS would include statistics from the previous year about crimes reported and solved because of the don't ask, don't tell immigration policies for victims. Oh, because they don't ask that would be impossible...how convenient.

So I am left to guess and here is my guess. These crimes are more than probably committed by IAs against fellow IAs. The fear of reporting said crime is more likely because of fear of IA perp retaliation than from police authorities.

I could be wrong BUT I don't think so.
    There is alot of what I refer to as illegal on illegal crime in South Florida. One of the dumbest ones I came across was where 2 guys who were roommates got into a fight over who came from the better country. One ended up stabbing the other to death. The killer was caught driving in a neighboring city and when arrested they found marijuana in the car. Many times in crimes like that a friend who is here legally calls police or someone who comes a cross the fight or body.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Crimes are consistently unreported by all kinds of people, not just immigrants. People that are afraid of another or their associates don't report crimes. People who don't trust the police don't report crimes. People who don't believe the justice system is fair don't report crimes. People who don't want bad publicity don't report crimes. People who don't want to hire lawyers don't report crimes. People who don't want embarrassment don't report crimes. People who don't want to be sucked into police investigations don't report crimes. People who want to mind their own business don't report crimes. People who don't have their facts clear don't report crimes. Many other reasons.

This particular phoney "immigrant" argument by police and politicians is a royal piece of pro-amnesty BS.

Illegal aliens should not be able to notify the police if they witness or are the victim of a crime. In Los Angeles illegals report crimes all of the time. In most cases they can not speak English and have to have a translator. They have been victimizing the American people for decades. If they do go to the police they should be deported.
    We recognize that if you really want to create a job tomorrow, you can remove an illegal alien today

Quote Originally Posted by JSealsx4203
    Illegal aliens should not be able to notify the police if they witness or are the victim of a crime. In Los Angeles illegals report crimes all of the time. In most cases they can not speak English and have to have a translator. They have been victimizing the American people for decades. If they do go to the police they should be deported.
    I hate when they call police and don't speak English. They have the balls to ask you "do you speak Spanish?'" in perfect English and when you say no they say "why not? you should." The only call takers who get away with telling them to learn English are the African Americans and do so on a regular basis. There was one that called 911 for a medical emergency and hung up when a non Spanish speaker answered the call and told her to wait and she will put her through to a translator. The call taker got the address but not the problem and when police arrived they found her husband in a diabetic coma. This morning we had a DUI case on the Turnpike in Miami Dade and the driver didn't speak English and so FHP had to ask the county for a Spanish speaking officer. I am so sick of it. I have to give credit to the Haitians as many learn Englsih and if their English is poor they ask for a Creole speaker right away which saves police alot of time and keeps more officers on the road. Most times if they don't speak English they have a relative or neighbor who does and they translate for them.