Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NYT: AZ Prop 300 'Frightening' Away Illegal Alien Students

NYT: AZ Prop 300 'Frightening' Away Illegal Alien Students
    By Warner Todd Huston on Jan 28, 08

The New York Times wants you to know that legislators in Arizona are mean to illegal immigrants trying to go to the state’s schools on the cheap. The Times wants you to imagine that Arizona’s new anti-illegal laws are oppressing those poor, illegal immigrant students that come into Arizona expecting to get all sorts of loans and financial breaks just because… well, just because they happen to draw a breath. The Times wants us all to tsk tsk the state of Arizona because it had the guts to finally do something about the billions of dollars lost to this flood of criminal aliens. Somehow, I don’t feel so bad, though.

With the sensational headline, "Arizona Law Takes a Toll on Nonresident Students," the Times gives us the tale of woe of students that want to steal from Arizona’s educational system. They begin their tale with the experience of Marco Carrillo who was asked by his college counselor if he was a legal resident or not. The Times acts as if even asking this question is somehow mean-spirited or shocking.

[quote]“The very first question she asked me was whether I was a legal resident here,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Times acts as if even asking this question is somehow mean-spirited or shocking.
    I'm asked that question and am required to prove it all the time. It's nothing "new". It really was a nicer environment when we could assume all were here legally but that's not the case anymore. Too many abusing the system now and a government who hasn't done their job. I'd be a fool not to ask now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)