Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama’s Spanish Lesson

Obama’s Spanish Lesson
    [Marcus Epstein] @ 10:03 am

At a campaign event in Georgia, Barack Obama responded to a question about bilingualism,

[quote]You know, I don’t understand when people are going around worrying about, “We need to have English- only.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama conveniently forgot to mention that English is the #1 language for international business. Why not just reinforce our kids mastery of the de facto national and international language?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Obama conveniently forgot to mention that English is the #1 language for international business. Why not just reinforce our kids mastery of the de facto national and international language?
    I mention that English was and is the World wide language on obama youtube video . Lord have mercy have i been busy ever since with remarks on that video . Those people have no idea bout obama , and the truth does hurt from what i see
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Knowing another language never got me one dime of more money. It came in handy when I was living in a tourist area when some of those pesky Europeans came here and DIDN'T know English. But I didn't get a dime extra for the effort. I doubt I'll ever have the money to travel abroad to prove Americans can and do speak other languages. The ONLY foreign language that suddenly has become mandatory in this country, if you want to work, has been Spanish. That's the problem. Just like these people have a mental block in distinguishing the difference between legal and illegal immigrants....they have another in bi-lingual does not mean "must speak Spanish"....it means the ability to speak 2 different languages. I can take Obama to Germany, Poland, Greece, Russia, France, Italy etc. and guarentee he can't speak any other European languages either. I got a letter from him and he does know some African language and then 1 other.....and I'll assume it's a mid-east language or possibly one from Hawaii, but I can't find the letter to say for sure. So his own arrogance has left him rather an American embarrassment if he ventures to Europe as well. But un-like the average American......he gets someone to come along to translate. Not to mention in all my ignorant glory......I'll pretty much bet more Europeans know English than Spanish and in anywhere else in the world, ANY other language would be more beneficial to learn than Spanish. Even as a mere traveler, I wouldn't waste my money going to any Spanish speaking country so even with that in mind Spanish is nothing I care to learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk

I knew he was gonna pull this crap from day one. Seal my not voting for him right there... looks like im gonna go McCain.

Do any of us really think that learning a second language is a bad idea? I'm all for it. I think illegal and legal immigrants alike would benefit from learning English as a second language

Seriously, learning other languages in the U.S. is a great idea, provided it's complementary to learning English. But he didn't really make that point. Rather, he accentuated that "Americans" (and not immigrants) should learn another language, which hints at accommodation for immigrants rather than assimilation by them.

By allowing for business and government affairs to be easily conducted in Spanish, we are setting up our own Quebec.
    Balkanization

Obama's Spanish

What languages does Obama speak? Farsi or Arabic?

Re: Obama's Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123
    What languages does Obama speak? Farsi or Arabic?
    Do Obama's two girls speak Spanish?

ACTION ALERT: Attention Barack Obama: English is our language
    http://capwiz.com/ef/issues/alert/?aler ... 2173635136

83 Percent Say Getting Immigrants to Speak English Is Higher Priority Than Creating a Bilingual America
    http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/ ... I5MzJhYjA=