Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OBAMA ADMIN DUCKS QUESTION OF WORK PERMITS FOR ILLEGAL IMMIG

OBAMA ADMIN DUCKS QUESTION OF WORK PERMITS FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

States News Service

October 5, 2011 Wednesday

The following information was released by the office of Texas Rep. Michael McCaul:

For the second time in three weeks, the Obama administration refused to clarify its policy on granting work permits to illegal immigrants.

Can you tell me if this is the policy of this administration? Congressman Michael McCaul (R-TX) repeatedly asked Kumar Kibble, Deputy Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, before Tuesdays Homeland Security Border and Maritime Subcommittee hearing.

While Kibble testified, They can certainly apply for work authorization but there is no automatic grant of work authorization, there is also no automatic denial of work permits for applicants found to be in the United States illegally.

On August 18, the New York Times reported, Those who qualify for relief can apply for permission to work in the United States and will probably receive it, officials said.

I dont know who these administration officials are who said this, but that kind of statement from this administration really calls into question this policy, Rep. McCaul said. Prosecutorial discretion is nothing knew. But to say that they can stay in the country and apply for work permits that goes a whole step farther and actually goes around, I think, the will of the Congress.

On September 13, Congressman McCaul questioned ICE Deputy Associate Director Peter Edge on work authorization for visa overstays. ICE referred the question to another agency, even though ICE assumes the responsibility for enforcing our nations immigration and customs laws.

Congressman McCaul also expressed concern about national security implications of such a policy, citing Mohammed Atta, one of the 9/11 hijackers who overstayed his visa but did not have a criminal record.

If Mohammed Atta was pulled over in a traffic stop would he be let go and allowed to stay in the country to apply for a work permit? Rep. McCaul asked hypothetically. What is the threshold? He gets pulled over for a traffic stop. Is that enough to deport him? I dont think it is under your policy.

I cant speak to that particular case, Kibble responded.

www6.lexisnexis.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    " and actually goes around, I think, the will of the Congress"

"I think"? What? Hell yes it does! Not to mention the laws, and will, of the American people. When are they gonna grow a pair? Uh...... spine?