Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm curious what would happen if all 50 states crafted the same type of immigration-enforcement legislation. Would Eric Holder and the DOJ sue all 50 states?

There's been a budget battle in DC lately. President Obama wants a "blank check" for one or 2 trillion dollars by "raising the debt ceiling". Perhaps Obama wants all of this extra money to fight new state immigration-enforcement laws, among other things.

illegals

We must vote Obama and his dems out in 2012. They are destroying our country with illegal aliens. Illegal aliens must not stay here. They must be deported. But Obama and the dems do not get it. So Obama and the dems must go. Let's vote them out in 2012. It is time to get rid of dems.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    Again?? If this does not show who the moron-in-chief is looking out for, then I don't know what will. It seems that anytime states are taking steps to protect the citizens and LEGAL immigrants, this administration will do the opposite by pandering to ILLEGALS and their supporters.
    We have a completely ROGUE president!!!! This is insanity!!!
    It's not just immigration. Obama is using the Department of Justice (Holder) to further his political agenda. In stead of fairly using the court, he's punishing his political enemy by blocking them with case law because he can't get Marxist laws passed in congress, without a lot of trouble. Example, Obamacare. You don't do what Obama wants you to do, he will sue you. That's the fact of the matter. If he can't write a law that is in line with the Constitution, then he will get the federal courts to interpret it his way by bring suit with Holder and taking the cases before the Liberal packed courts. Let the Liberal judge decide! He's using the DOJ as policy maker, and it's no longer a protector of rights.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"If allowed to go into effect, H.B. 56's enforcement scheme will conflict with and undermine the federal government's careful balance of immigration enforcement priorities and objectives," administration lawyers said.
    Their careful balance of open borders and de facto amnesty. How dare citizens get in their way.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Justice Department challenges Alabama's immigration law
    By the CNN Wire Staff
    August 2, 2011 8:55 a.m. EDT

(CNN) -- The Justice Department has filed suit challenging Alabama's new immigration law, which is set to take effect September 1.

In documents filed in the Northern District Court of Alabama on Monday, the Justice Department said that various provisions of HB 56 undermine immigration enforcement priorities and objectives of the federal government.

"While the federal government values state assistance and cooperation with respect to immigration enforcement, a state cannot set its own immigration policy, much less pass laws that conflict with federal enforcement of the immigration laws," the Justice Department said in a statement.

The law is also the target of a class-action lawsuit filed last month by several prominent civil rights groups.

The Mexican government welcomed the Justice Department's move.

"The Government of Mexico acknowledges the sovereign right of all countries to enact laws and implement public policies in their own territory," the Mexican Embassy in Washington said. "At the same time, it reiterates its unwavering commitment to protect, by all available means, the rights and dignity of Mexicans abroad, especially in the case of laws that could lead to the violation of the civil and human rights of our nationals."

The Alabama legislation was passed and signed by Gov. Robert Bentley in June.

According to a fact sheet presented by Alabama House Republicans, the measure requires law enforcement officers "to attempt to determine the immigration status of a person who they suspect is an unauthorized alien of this country."

The legislation also makes it a criminal offense to transport or house an illegal immigrant. The state will be required to check the citizenship of students, and any business that knowingly employs an illegal immigrant will be penalized.

"Gov. Bentley campaigned on the need for a strong immigration bill," Bentley's spokeswoman Rebekah Mason said last month. "The legislature passed that bill, and the governor signed it."

The Justice Department said the law is designed to affect "virtually every aspect of an unauthorized immigrant's daily life, from employment to housing to transportation to entering into and enforcing contracts to going to school."

It said the law may also result in the harassment and detention of foreign visitors, legal immigrants and U.S. citizens who may not be able to readily prove their lawful status.

While immigration has long been a federal responsibility, other anti-illegal immigration measures have been passed in recent months in Arizona, Utah, Georgia, Indiana and South Carolina. Parts of those laws have been suspended in four of those states, pending resolutions to lawsuits.

In June, a federal judge struck down a key part of the Georgia law, ruling police cannot inquire about immigration status when questioning suspects in certain criminal investigations.

Republican Alabama state Rep. John Merrill told CNN in June that the legislation is "good for Alabama" because it will reduce illegal immigration to the state and "provide equal opportunities for all people who want to come to Alabama legally."

He rejected suggestions the law is discriminatory, saying he is confident it was drafted in such a way that it will survive legal challenges.

CNN's Jackie Castillo contributed to this report.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/02/ala ... olitics%29

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    Again?? If this does not show who the moron-in-chief is looking out for, then I don't know what will. It seems that anytime states are taking steps to protect the citizens and LEGAL immigrants, this administration will do the opposite by pandering to ILLEGALS and their supporters.
    We have a completely ROGUE president!!!! This is insanity!!!
    It's not just immigration. Obama is using the Department of Justice (Holder) to further his political agenda. In stead of fairly using the court, he's punishing his political enemy by blocking them with case law because he can't get Marxist laws passed in congress, without a lot of trouble. Example, Obamacare. You don't do what Obama wants you to do, he will sue you. That's the fact of the matter. If he can't write a law that is in line with the Constitution, then he will get the federal courts to interpret it his way by bring suit with Holder and taking the cases before the Liberal packed courts. Let the Liberal judge decide! He's using the DOJ as policy maker, and it's no longer a protector of rights.

Dixie
    You are exactly right Dixie. I can't remember any potus in my lifetime, or even before, that so overtly sought to bypass the constitution to achieve a personal agenda. This should tell everyone all they need to know about this administration. Crimes against the constitution.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

On Monday, a coalition of religious leaders in Alabama filed suit, challenging the law. The lawsuit by Roman Catholic, United Methodist and Episcopal bishops says the new law "makes it a crime to follow God's command to be Good Samaritans
    Im an SO ****ing sick and tired of this crap! THIS is the type of thing that has driven me away from the church. I do not trust them anymore and I believe most of them are ran by the World Church Organization (or whatever it's called).

It seems to me that this is what the churches want - to drive thinking Americans away for a bunch of dumbed down zombie-like third worlders to gain more power and fill their coffers. Im SICK of it!!!!!!

Even God welcomes and expects us to ask and question things. He warns us of false prophets and to not allow ourselves to be spoon fed, yet the church seems to be pushing for this very thing by their illegal actions!

NEVER vote a lawyer into the office of potus.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    On Monday, a coalition of religious leaders in Alabama filed suit, challenging the law. The lawsuit by Roman Catholic, United Methodist and Episcopal bishops says the new law "makes it a crime to follow God's command to be Good Samaritans
    Im an SO V*******V sick and tired of this crap! THIS is the type of thing that has driven me away from the church. I do not trust them anymore and I believe most of them are ran by the World Church Organization (or whatever it's called).

It seems to me that this is what the churches want - to drive thinking Americans away for a bunch of dumbed down zombie-like third worlders to gain more power and fill their coffers. Im SICK of it!!!!!!

Even God welcomes and expects us to ask and question things. He warns us of false prophets and to not allow ourselves to be spoon fed, yet the church seems to be pushing for this very thing by their illegal actions!
    Even the corporations want dumbed down people or people who will not challenge them (as our government loves also)

2012 is just around the corner and I think we can possibly make it But Obama diod get his hands on MORE MONEY since the Senate also passed the Bill today. It is not going to stop them from spending!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Treason!

quisling: traitor, collaborator

Noun: A traitor who collaborates with an enemy force occupying their country.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast