Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama hopes GOP will 'come to senses' on DREAM Act after Nov

The Hill
    Obama hopes GOP will 'come to senses' on DREAM Act after Nov.
    By Mike Lillis - 09/26/10 10:15 AM ET

Accusing Republicans of killing the DREAM Act for political ends, President Obama this weekend vowed to renew the fight for passage after November's midterms.

"My hope is that after the election maybe some of the Republicans who previously had supported these measures will come back and come to their senses and recognize that this is the right thing to do," Obama said Saturday in an interview with Univision, a Spanish-language station, from the White House Rose Garden. "And I’m going to push very hard to see if we can get it done."

The Senate last week shot down the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act by a vote of 56 to 43. Every Republican — as well as Arkansas Democratic Sens. Blanche Lincoln and Mark Pryor — opposed the measure.

Both sides accused the other of playing politics with the vote. Republicans slammed the Democrats for attaching the DREAM Act language to a larger defense spending bill, while Democrats accused past GOP supporters — including Sens. John McCain (Ariz.), Orrin Hatch (Utah) and Robert Bennett (Utah) — of flip-flopping to deny the Democrats a political victory just before the midterms.

The DREAM Act would offer a pathway to citizenship for young adults with two years of college or military service. The benefits would apply to those who arrived in the U.S. before age 16 and have lived in the country for at least five years. To be eligible, applicants would have to have a high school diploma, or the equivalent, from a U.S. school.

"Maybe after this election," Obama said Saturday, "[Republicans] will come to their senses and say [that] instead of trying to play politics with this issue let’s try to solve the problem."

The president also defended his decision, as part of the new health reform law, to make undocumented immigrants ineligible to buy health insurance from state-based exchanges.

"We couldn’t cover all undocumented workers, there wasn’t the budget for it, and frankly the real solution there is make sure that they are legal," Obama said. "Once they are [legal] — if we can provide a pathway of citizenship for them — then they will be eligible for the same benefits as everybody else."

That issue was a thorny one throughout the months-long debate over healthcare reform. Indeed, when Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) stirred a media storm last September with his "You lie!" outburst, it was in response to Obama's statement that “the reforms I’m proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The "problem" is that Obama is not enforcing the law, instead trying to manipulate the lawmakers into making exceptions for amnesty.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Ultimately," he said, "the way we are going to be able to solve that is if we can in fact have a comprehensive law at the federal level that holds everybody responsible — holds the federal government responsible for securing the border; make sure that we are holding businesses responsible so that they don’t take advantage of undocumented workers
    There are laws for all of the above - but this administration doesn't want enforce them. I have to believe that it is because it will mess up the citizenship dilution agenda for political power.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Maybe after this election," Obama said Saturday, "[Republicans] will come to their senses and say [that] instead of trying to play politics with this issue let’s try to solve the problem."
    If you want to "solve the problem" then start enforcing the law! You're the one "playing politics" with this issue by ignoring current immigration law in lieu of pandering to illegal invaders in the hopes of picking up cheap votes ( among other reasons).

Why is it that radical progressives always accuse the other side of doing the very things they themselves are engaging in?

Why is it that radical progressives always accuse the other side of doing the very things they themselves are engaging in?
    Because we have allowed them to get away with it and has to stop. Time to be waving the BS flag at the voting booth.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"My hope is that after the election maybe some of the Republicans who previously had supported these measures will come back and come to their senses and recognize that this is the right thing to do," Obama said Saturday in an interview with Univision, a Spanish-language station, from the White House Rose Garden. "And I’m going to push very hard to see if we can get it done."

Mr. Obama, quit promising the illegals greencards and citizenship status. I am amazed at how responsive you are to the demands and aggression of illegal aliens and their handlers, and thank the Good Lord for the Republicans for slowing your attempts to turn lawbreakers into voters.

The Arizona law, he conceded, is rooted in Washington's failure to act on a more comprehensive policy.
    WRONG!!!! The AZ law was enacted because Washington fails to enforce federal laws. We don't need new laws, we need to enforce the ones already in place.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Just another ploy to get the Hispanics to the polling booths come Nov. "if I lose the house and the senate then there's really nothing I can do for you poor, weary,downtrodden peoples. I swear if these guys worked half as hard doing whats right for America I'd have to say they wouldn't be in this mess. If it wasn't for the midterms this guy would have gone unchecked for another 2yrs. And then even the 50% of the Nation paying taxes would be screwed, there sure was a lot of others things this guy could have done to be a hero to us all. Nix that idea.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Seems that all we are getting is more than likely some important kids, yet they have a stand for their home country, which can clog up the courts on the federal level.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

How many ways do we have to say it?

NO to cir, dream and amnesty nightmares.

NO, NEIN, NYET, MAI, NEVER, NON and HELLLLLLLL NO!!!

Enforce the laws and problem solved!

DEPORT!!!!!
    "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast