Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini282
    I like what Lou said....there are hundreds of languages spoken in the U.S. is everyone who comes here suppose to be forced to learn English and Spanish.....what a crock...he showed towns in the U.S. that were almost all spanish speaking, all of there signs and building in spanish.......this is why we need English the official language, when we go to any town in our country we should be able to read the signs.
    That's like in Calexico in California, the walmart there conducts all it's meetings for employees in spanish not english. And this is the USA?
    It's just plain WRONG isn't it! makes you sick!

Well I feel it a form of discrimination for those Americans who speak english and not spanish because when it came time for the store managers to promote associates in to the asst. manager program there were only openings in calexico at one point and those went to those who spoke spanish even if another person was more qualified they weren't considered because they didn't speak spanish.

I like what Lou said....there are hundreds of languages spoken in the U.S. is everyone who comes here suppose to be forced to learn English and Spanish.....what a crock...he showed towns in the U.S. that were almost all spanish speaking, all of there signs and building in spanish.......this is why we need English the official language, when we go to any town in our country we should be able to read the signs.
    That's like in Calexico in California, the walmart there conducts all it's meetings for employees in spanish not english. And this is the USA?
    It's just plain WRONG isn't it! makes you sick!

Well I feel it a form of discrimination for those Americans who speak english and not spanish because when it came time for the store managers to promote associates in to the asst. manager program there were only openings in calexico at one point and those went to those who spoke spanish even if another person was more qualified they weren't considered because they didn't speak spanish.
    Your absolutely right Gemini! It is a form of discrimination! Take a look at some the job postings here in California. I cannot tell you how many ads I come across on a daily basis that REQUIRE the applicant to be bi-lingual, with the second language being spanish.

I have to know spanish to get a job because the company hiring is either employing illegal invaders or catering to illegal invaders who may be customers. Mind you, these are not companies doing business in Latin America in which it would be necessary to know spanish. Many of these jobs are not entry level! So even with a degree and some graduate school, I cannot even apply for some positions because I do not speak spanish.

I never thought I would see the day when it would be required that I be able to speak spanish in order to get a job in the United States of America! We allow illegal invaders to pour across our southern borders and we do not even make them speak English when they get here. Instead, we make it mandatory that Americans speak spanish!

It's disgusting!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Did Obama's Kenyan father learn Spanish over English before he came here? When he arrived?

What about Obama's family still living in Kenya? Do they speak Spanish as well...you know, in case they decide to immigrate here....which I'm sure they will if he wins the election and gives them government jobs?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama is an obamination to America. Both McCain and Obama have done nothing but give lip service to the American people while they promise the illegals an American paradise for breaking the law.

Lost In Translation

Lost In Translation

By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:20 PM PT

Election '08: Barack Obama has scolded Americans for embarrassing him by failing to speak other languages while traveling abroad, yet forcing Europeans to speak English while here. Are you embarrassed, too? Don't be.

Maybe he's just uncomfortable with the truth or simply has a political interest in disregarding it and exploiting the current mindless vogue among America's elites to feel ashamed of our country.

But no matter how humiliating Obama finds our monolingual ways, there's good reason why Americans don't have to speak foreign languages while others must speak English: The U.S. has unprecedented influence in international affairs, an indispensable role in global markets and economic superiority. Simply put, we are the world's dominant nation.

Obama peddled his Ameriphobic nonsense at a town hall meeting Tuesday morning in Powder Springs, Ga. Asked a simple question about what he'd do to stop teenagers from dropping out of school — more of a job for a student body president than a U.S. president — he lost the plot, as the (English-speaking) Australians like to say, venturing into dangerous (for him) no-teleprompter territory.

"I agree that immigrants should learn English," he ranted. "But understand this: Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English — they'll learn English — you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish.

"You know, it's embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe, and all we can say (is), 'Merci beaucoup.' "

Does he think that one day the rest of the world will stop speaking English just to keep single-language Americans out of the loop? Is he aware that English, as an example, is the worldwide official air-traffic-control language?

Has he ever talked to foreign businessmen — or any businessman at all, for that matter — who have different native tongues, yet speak English to each other so they can be understood?

Or is he trying to establish some cosmopolitan street-cred with the hipsters who fawn over him?

English became the global language because Britain spread its mother tongue through colonization and trade. And the U.S. sailed capitalism, ambition, a tireless work habit, fairness, justice, the rule of law and a rigorous military defense against tyranny to the top of the world. It's not fashionable to say so in the circles that Obama travels in, but the power and universality of the English language confirm — and strengthen — America's way of life.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticle ... 6916359802
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

And where does he propose parents find the time to teach their children? Is there going to be programs set up for Americans to learn french and spanish like there is for spanish speakers to learn english that they don't even want to learn??? We pay for them to learn a language they don't bother learning and so is that money going to be put towards us learning spanish and is the government going to make it easy for us like they do these IA? OF COURSE NOT! Yet again we Americans get screwed. And it begs the question if immigrants learn english by the second generation and it isn't an issue then why do we have to learn spanish??? Could it be because IA are not assimilating? Imagine that! The truth eventually comes out sooner or later. I don't plan on visiting south america or central america or mexico so why should I have to learn to spanish? If I went to France I'd like to learn some and try to communicate in french and the same goes for Italy. I thought we had choices in america? why should we have to learn spanish just because Mexicans don't want to learn english in a foreign country? Obama is obviously still on drugs and these politicians have all been bought and paid for.

"You know, it's embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe, and all we can say (is), 'Merci beaucoup.' "

Gosh I missed this part the first time around because I was so steamed about him telling us our kids should learn Spanish. What is it with this guy? Now he is "embarrassed" about his country? And he is about to be our next president? God help us all.[/b]
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned

Gosh I missed this part the first time around because I was so steamed about him telling us our kids should learn Spanish. What is it with this guy? Now he is "embarrassed" about his country? And he is about to be our next president? God help us all.[/b]
    Good point! Also, the Americans may not have been able to communicate with the French or Germans while in Europe, but they sure didn't mind the US dollars Americans spent over there while on vacation! Of course, that was before our economy went into the tank and now even the peso is worth more than the dollar (almost).

In addition, the French certainly didn't mind that we did not speak French when we liberated them from the clutches of German occupation during the second World War! I'm sure they thank God that speaking French was not a prerequisite for receiving US military assistance during Hitler's reign. If it were, then perhaps it would have been the French who would have been strongly advised to learn a foreign language, and it would have not been spanish! Sprechen sie Deutsche?

It will be a cold day in hell before I learn spanish in order to make life easier in this country for the illegal invaders who have no right to be here in the first place.

That doesn't mean than when i'm in a foreign country, I will not attempt to communicate in their native language. I believe it's important when in a foreign country to attempt to speak their language. If nothing more, it shows you have respect for them and their country, and it's most certainly appreciated by the locals! Especially if you have no talent for that language and you feel like a fool! This is something the vast majority of illegal invaders who are squatting in this country have failed to realize!

This from LauraIngraham.com

And maybe Obama should spend some time mastering the English language before the next time he preaches the glories of multilingualism. The punch line of his statement above: "and alls [sic] we's [sic] can say is 'merci beaucoup!'"
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like Obamam favors an apartheid form of government for the U.S.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast