Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama says America is a 'bully'

Presidential candidate calls for more diplomacy, less bluster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: March 05, 2008
    11:38 am Eastern
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – In his election-night speech from San Antonio, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama called for America to rely more on diplomacy and less on bluster, characterizing recent U.S. policy as "bullying."

In the context of a blistering critique of U.S. policy in Iraq, Obama said: "It's the same course that continues to divide and isolate America from the world by substituting bluster and bullying for direct diplomacy."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwFdOQ5h3b8

Obama did not specify where America was acting in the bully role.

Obama, and his wife, Michelle, have been criticized by some Republicans for what appears to be increasingly harsh rhetoric critical of both America's domestic and foreign affairs.

Mrs. Obama first raised controversy by saying she was proud of her country for the first time in her adult life. Later, in a New Yorker profile, she was quoted in a stump speech made throughout South Carolina as characterizing America as "just downright mean."

She said the country is divided, life is not good, the people are "guided by fear" and cynicism.

"We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day," she told churchgoers in that primary state. "Folks are just jammed up, and it's gotten worse over my lifetime."

She went on to complain that college is too expensive, schools are not doing the job, health care is out of reach and pensions are disappearing.

"Let me tell you, don't get sick in America!" she exclaimed.

Mrs. Obama set off a national firestorm with comments she made recently at a Milwaukee rally: "What we have learned over the past year is that hope is making a comeback. And let me tell you something – for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment."
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58075
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"It's the same course that continues to divide and isolate America from the world by substituting bluster and bullying for direct diplomacy."
    Bluster, bullying, propoganda and false cries of so-called 'hate speech' are exactly the techniques Janet, La Raza, SPLC, ADL, etc. are using in attempting to censor Free Speech and silence those opposing illegal immigration and amnesty.

Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us.- William Orville Douglas
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He's sounding more like a jimmy carter as days go by . Jimmy gave away "Our" panama canal so i guess obama can give away our white house . Which is what i think he'll do !!!
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

IMO, "diplomacy" is what got us into the mess we're in now. We've been the "nice guy of nations" for so long we've turned into the international doormat.

The hell with diplomacy. It's time for both feet to come down, the borders closed, let other countries work out their own freakin' problems, and all leeches, interlopers, subversives, etc. sent packing on the end of a boot.

Rockfish says Obama is a chicken and an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish

Rockfish says Obama is a chicken and an idiot.

LOLOL......... Touche, Rock