Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Singles Out Sheriff Joe During Immigration Discussion

Obama Singles Out Sheriff Joe During Immigration Discussion

Updated: Wednesday, 28 Sep 2011, 9:17 PM MST
    Published : Wednesday, 28 Sep 2011, 9:17 PM MST

WASHINGTON - President Obama criticized Maricopa Sheriff Joe Arpaio's immigration tactics during a round table discussion on immigration Wednesday. The president was asked about a federal investigation into the sheriff's office and appeared to dodge the question.

A trio of Latin American journalists brought forth questions to president Obama, and their conversation turned towards the government's investigation of Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

"What happened to the investigation of the many violations and challenges by the federal government on Sheriff Joe Arpaio?" asked the foreign journalist.

"I have to be careful on commenting on individual cases, that's handled typically by Department of Justice or other agencies. I will say the approach that has been taken to immigration in Arizona has not always been as productive."

He later said, "We challenged the Arizona law that was supported by the sheriff because we thought there was a great danger that naturalized citizens with Latino surnames could be vulnerable to questioning."

Today, the sheriff weighed in on the president's round table discussion.

"He's a lawyer he is pretty sharp to avoid direct questions… he made some comments talking about people being stopped because of their name. He didn't like the 1070 law, he connects me with 1070. And my answer is I am just doing my job and I arrest everyone that violates the law and I am not going to stop." He adds: "Stop saying boots on the ground and stop saying we must secure the border first."

"We can't have a patchwork of 50 states with 50 immigration laws," Obama said.

Despite the comments, the sheriff is pleased the president knows who he is and what he stands for.

www.myfoxphoenix.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Atta boy Joe!

I have to be careful on commenting on individual cases,
    Yea, you do Obozo cause:
    1) Your dept. of Mis-Justice can't prove any of those charges
    2) Sheriff Joe is elected and he's doing the job his constituents want done.
    3) He's doing the job you refuse to do.

What happened to the investigation of the many violations and challenges by the federal government on Sheriff Joe Arpaio?" asked the foreign journalist.
    I thought I read somewhere that the investigations turned up nothing.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)