Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    here i must add my two cents ....

a child who was brought here when they were two and they are now 30 , should in my view be allowed to stay ....

Someone who has known only america , and is now simply too old to be deported to a truly forgine country should be allowed to stay ...

now don't get me wrong , young children , infants etc should be stripped of their citizenship and deported with their parents , but adults who have never left the country , who know only america and who spent their early childhood in deveioplment here in our country should be welcomed ...

if my narrow view was listened to , maybe we're looking at one million people being given amnesty ?

if there's no choice and it's all or none , then i'll join all of you and go with none ...

but yes , i have no problem making people who grew up here from a VERY young age and are now adults into citizens ..
    Marquis Although I understand your reasoning I must also say NO WAY.

Here is why; These young people are now adults and most have been given a taxpayer education K thru 12 and some even have a college degree. Most still have family & connections in their home countries plus we are not exactly exiling them to Siberia.Lots of USA kids go to other countries either for college/military brats etc. no big deal.

With even a K thru 12 education these IA's will do well in their countries. Also their countries need these educated citizens to help change their countries politics and help fire up citizens to make changes to their lives.These younger people would make excellent Political candidates who could be instrumental in guiding their countries to a better governmental/social/economic system.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    Example of why birthright citizenship should not apply to illegal alien children. It has created this dilemma, and will continue to be a magnet and a repeated excuse to allow people to stay. The children of illegal aliens should have the citizenship of their parents, and they should return with their families to their home countries.

Psalm 23, it is written, "The Lord is my Shepherd"

you are right about that (Change the 14 Amendement )
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd rather have the status quo then give them legal status. That's because soon after they get legal status the 700,000 will turn into 4 or 5 million. Many of these people are already voting and or working in political campaigns even though it's illegal. That's one of the main reasons why the Democrats want them legalized so they can do it lawfully. Then the government will stick us with the bill for everything they will get lawfully.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12