Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: OBL forms to fight anti-immigrant groups

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/16589369.htm -

Posted on Wed, Jan. 31, 2007

Angela Ferguson, an immigration lawyer who organized the coalition, said the group opposes what they called anti-immigration groups such as the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, which patrols the border and reports illegal immigrants to authorities.

The coalition plans to train speakers to share its opposition to racism and bigotry.

Ferguson said enforcing immigration law is up to the government. Being in the United States without proper documentation is a civil violation, not technically a crime, she said.

She said private groups or individuals who try to enforce federal immigration law often are motivated by a false sense of patriotism.
    First of all, the Minutemen do NOT enforce the law........they report violators TO the law. The border is a dangerous place and those that carry weapons are licensed and carefully check the area laws regarding them. They are kept holstered. And they are for protection only! The MCDC's SOP stands for itself.

And being in the US without proper documentation may well be a civil violation right now.........but using fraudulent or stolen documents is a FELONY! And I challenge this woman to explain her statement regarding "false sense of patriotism". Exactly what is that supposed to mean?

There is no racism or bigotry among any pro-border enforcement group I know of; but it's obvious that's the only card they have to play. If anything we see the racism coming from the pro-amnesty/OBL crowd. They are playing on the old adage "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". As always their tact of whining endlessy is to wear us down. It will not work this time! The essence of this entire issue goes back to one thing that they keep trying to deny and deflect but cannot: THESE PEOPLE ARE ILLEGALLY HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Ferguson said enforcing immigration law is up to the government. Being in the United States without proper documentation is a civil violation, not technically a crime, she said.

She said private groups or individuals who try to enforce federal immigration law often are motivated by a false sense of patriotism.
    What a load of donkey doo! [/quote

Civil rights (rights belonging to a person by virtue of his/her status as a citizen or as a member of civil society) Websters

They are not a citizen and I do not believe they live in a civil society, I just do not see how this could be, breaking the law is breaking the law and any person that is suppose to be enforcing our laws should be able to arrest anyone breaking them.
    you right what a load of donkey doo!! I would have said Horse shit!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Yes, Sosadforus, and such people are unfortunately not rare. There is a semi-organized PR campaign going on that is pro-H-1b and one of the things they do is exactly what we are seeing here. You can also see it done in places like Information Week, Computer World, and any other place that allows public comments. The idea is to try to soothe the people who don't know much about the H-1b program and at the same time, discredit any critics. It usually involves race-baiting, insulting people, and outright false claims. Yes, Pinestraw seems to have ended the thread - many thanks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wouldn't hire her to represent me because she exaggerates to much to be a convincing attorney. The judge would have to take a break because he couldn't withhold his laughter.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12