Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OBLS going to congress next week with amnesty blueprint

http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/news/se ... le=1808344

Legal Status for 12 Million Illegals Proposed

SA groups float 'Unity Blueprint" for immigration reform
    By Jim Forsyth
    Thursday, March 8, 2007
    A coalition of some 150 Latino, labor, civil rights, and religious groups today unveiled what it calls the "Unity Blueprint" for Immigration Reform, calling for legal status for the estimated 12 million people currently living in the country illegal, huge increases in the number of new individuals admitted legally into the U.S. each year, and elimination of that proposed border wall, 1200 WOAI news learned today.

"This is a real solution to making sure that the 12 million individuals who are currently living in the shadows can step forward and continue to do what they are already doing...paying taxes, working hard, and making sure their families have a real opportunity to play a part in this country," said Lydia Camarillo of the Southwest Voter Registration and Education Project.

The Unity Blueprint will be unveiled next week on Capitol Hill, as Congress begins debating immigration reform for the first time under a Democratic majority, a majority which supporters of the Unity Blueprint say will be much more supportive of what they call 'a non punitive immigration policy.'

Adrian Rodriguez, National Vice President of the League of United Latin American Citizens, says even Americans who take a hard line on illegal immigration would support a program to make those immigrants legal residents.

"I've talked to people who say that they are against these people being here illegally, and they tell me that if they got some form of citizenship or documentation through a change in law, they would be okay with that," he told 1200 WOAI news.

Supporters say the vast majority of illegal immigrants are hard workers, and the United States will need that pool of workers in the future.

"Our aging baby boomers, who will be retired thoroughly in about twenty years, will need someone to take up that slack," Rodriguez said.

"We need a mechanism to fix the problem that we currently have, and bring people out of the shadows and into mainstream members so they are productive members of our society in every way."

The Unity Blueprint calls for 'rational and humane operational control of the borders' by prohibiting the U.S. of military force, including the National Guard, for border control, making 'enforcement of laws to prevent vigilantism a priority and monitoring vigilante activity,' prohibiting the Border Patrol from engaging in high speed chases and the use of deadly force, prohibit the so called 'expedited removal' of undocumented people found within 100 miles of the border, permit 'indigenous people' to cross the border at will, and set up an independent commission to 'monitor federal border practices and policies.'

It would also prohibit mass immigration raids at workplaces, mass deportations, and allow states to issue drivers licenses and other documents to undocumented immigrants. It would also end employer sanctions against companies that hire undocumented workers, and would actually cover undocumented workers under workplace anti discrimination laws.

Rosa Rosales, National President of LULAC, says current immigration laws actually encourage illegal immigration, by prohibiting people who have lived illegally in the U.S. for certain periods from applying for legal status for as long as ten years.

"No one is going to wait ten years, just because you were here for one year without papers," Rosales said. "The system right now has been a breeding ground for the undocumented worker to come into this country."

She says the current system encourages abuse of immigrant workers, separates families, and deprives the United States of workers who are needed in all phases of the economy.

"All we're asking is that the workers who come here as immigrants, that they also have full rights as American workers," Rosales said.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

I'm already a retired baby boomer, but let me tell him something....the job I did, no unskilled, non-English speaking person could have done...as I'm sure as with your jobs.

His thinking is screwed up....with all the other OBL people!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Bad Timing, Bad Policy, Bad Bill

MW
    Adrian Rodriguez, National Vice President of the League of United Latin American Citizens, says even Americans who take a hard line on illegal immigration would support a program to make those immigrants legal residents.
    Do these folks really believe these lies or are they just attempting to muddy the waters sorrounding the criminal alien issue? That's a rhetorical question, because I already know the answer. :

This so-called Unity Blueprint is a joke.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A joke that isn't funny MW.

That is the most arrogant piece of Bovine Scatology I've seen in many a moon. The unity plan is NO DOUBT amnesty.....even Bush couldn't deny that one. These people are nuts and are trying to strong-arm their way into full-benefits. I am so sick of this!

What really torques me is the way they act like they are our saviours....."you can't do without us"...."we are the backbone of America". It really angers me that these, mostly illiterate, people's mouthpieces don't approach any of this with the SLIGHTEST bit of gratitude, but an attitude of you "owe this" to us and we are going to get it one way or the other. SSheesh!

From all the articles I have read, Americans won't/can't/aren't willing/able to do any of the following jobs:
    farm labor, construction, landscaping, house cleaning, patient care, child care, food service, restaurant and now according to Bill Gates, engineering and skilled computer work.

So what jobs are Americans doing nowadays? Are there any left that we can do?

The ultimate one is "we undocumented militant activists are going to teach even the Americans workers how to stand up for themselves".
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    From all the articles I have read, Americans won't/can't/aren't willing/able to do any of the following jobs:
    farm labor, construction, landscaping, house cleaning, patient care, child care, food service, restaurant and now according to Bill Gates, engineering and skilled computer work.

So what jobs are Americans doing nowadays? Are there any left that we can do?
    Be a Greeter at Wal-Mart may need to learn to say would you like a shopping cart in Spanish
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe if we removed the multi-cultural crap classes in elementary schools and subsituted them with introductory engineering and science classes, and also removed all students that don't speak english we wouldn't be having these kinds of problems.

Kids today are NOT getting the education we had.