Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OBL's harrass 73-year old KC Parks Board lady

Hispanic Leaders Call For Board Member's 'Immediate Resignation'

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/News ... geId=3.1.1
    Last Edited: Thursday, 06 Sep 2007, 5:52 PM CDT
    Created: Thursday, 06 Sep 2007, 5:49 PM CDT

A controversial Parks Board appointee called police when a group of protesters showed up at her home. They were there to demand Frances Semler's resignation and they're not alone. Both the Hispanic activist group La Raza and the NAACP said they're considering pulling national conventions out of Kansas City if Semler stays on the Parks Board.

A neighbor said that Semler, 73, was worried about her safety when a group of people stood outside her door at 9 p.m. wanting to speak to her and that's why she called police.

Semler's a member of the Minutemen, an anti-illegal immigration group that some see as racist. When her opponents tried to pay her a personal visit, she called police.

"It was myself, two other women and three men. It was not meant to be intimidating," Rita Valenciano with the Hispanic Coalition said.

A police report filed by Semler said the group rang her "doorbell several times and after she didn't answer the door they started banging on the door."

A member of that group said it was trying to hand deliver a letter asking Semler to "immediately resign."

"We wanted to make sure she personally received the letter," Chere Chaney with Interfaith Justice said.

Semler's neighbor Helen Richmond said as an older woman she understands why Semler didn't answer the door.

"Because I don't know who is on the other side," Richmond said. "We have had several break-ins."

Semler wouldn't talk to us in person, but told us on the phone that she has no intention of resigning from the Parks Board or from the Minutemen. Mayor Mark Funkhouser is sticking with her.

"The volume at which they yell at me on something doesn't really change my mind on something. I don't see anything about the debate that is new or different," Mayor Funkhouser said.

But civic leaders said they will keep on making noise until their voices are heard.

Semler said she's not opposed to the Latino community. She's opposed to illegal immigration, but others said groups like the Minutemen encourage discrimination against all Latinos, even those who are citizens.

Linda Wagar, FOX 4 News
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    If we did this we'd be arrested and charged with a hate crime...You want her to get it? Send a certified letter.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Now we have a new twist in the Frances Semler, LaRaza, NAACP furor.

http://community.myfoxkc.com/blogs/jsto ... CES_SEMLER
    It's my understanding that some whacko group sent several member to Frances' home to knock and bang on her door. When no one answered the door they left a letter demanding that she resign from her position at the parks board by Monday morning 9/10/07. As I recall, LaRaza & the NAACP have both threatened to pull their conventions out of KC because Semler is on the Parks Board and she is a member of the Minutemen (she is) and they contend that the Minutemen are a vigilante group (they are not).

What do you call it if a group of 8 - 10 young, strong people go out to intimidate a 73 year old grandmother. Isn't that a form of vigilantism?

I think that the mayor and the council need to demand that LaRaza & the NAACP not come to Kansas City. These 2 organizations are seriously disrupting our serenity with their ridiculous grandstanding!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They had a poll on the page; I posted it in the poll section:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=81569

Going to someone's home is out of bounds! And when someone doesn't answer the doorbell that means LEAVE! Banging on the door shows some hostility as far as I'm concerned.

There is a poll at the site of this story also comments are being left so I put my 2 cents worth in to add to the others who think if La Raza wants to see Racism & hate they need go no futher then looking into a mirror.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Ya know, in Texas you can get shot for something stupid like that. They were banging on her door, she didn't know who they were and there had been several break-ins in the area. She could have been in fear of her life!
    What's the price is freedom...today? Veteran, US Army, E-5, 1978-1982 *****Ron Paul for President 2008***** http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Quote Originally Posted by RuralCountryVeteran
    Ya know, in Texas you can get shot for something stupid like that. They were banging on her door, she didn't know who they were and there had been several break-ins in the area. She could have been in fear of her life!
    I was reading an article out here in Ca. today where that happened to a guy who was banging on a persons door.

Missouri Revised Statutes
    Chapter 569

Trespass in the second degree.
    569.150. 1. A person commits the offense of trespass in the second degree if he enters unlawfully upon real property of another. This is an offense of absolute liability.

2. Trespass in the second degree is an infraction.

(L. 1977 S.B. 60)
    Effective 1-1-79
    Given the age of the victim and the hostility of the trespassers it certainly seems like a situation where a case should have been made.

It seems as thought law enforcement and prosecutors are terribly afraid of being labelled racist if they enforce laws against the OBL's, illegal alien advocacy groups and the chaff that they consist of.

disgusting to demand her resignation because of her political views.. you don't like it? tough. go home and complain to your home country and see if they care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast