Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by The-Social-Liberal
    I don't know about any of your financial situations, but when I look in the newspaper and find out its going to cost me hundreds of dollars for some "professional" painters to come paint my house it makes me sick. Its amazing how much money Americans are willing to spend just so that they can have the best of everything. I'm not going to pay that much for 3 people to come do something that even I could do if I wasn't so busy, when I could hire 3 day laborers for half or even less than that. The problem isn't the laborers', its the people, like me, who hire them to save the money they need to meet todays standards of living. This problem stems from an even greater problem, which is economical. Like it or not, the middle class is growing. Wages are staying the same, while the cost of everything is rising. We're drowning in our own economy, while we spend a trillion dollars on war machines.
    So to save a few hundred dollars you hire some guy off the street corner? You are a crime victim waiting to happen.

city officials are searching for property in the area where the workers could gather peacefully. Those involved in conversations declined comment.
    Why?

Phoenix's only official center, the Macehualli Work Center at 16801 N. 25th St., opened in February 2003 to provide a safe place for neighborhood workers. The City Council agreed to set up the center and spent $120,000 in public money to do so, igniting an ideological firestorm.
    Those day labors are clearly a problem in the community. Now they don't want to use the day labor center set up for them they just want to do what they damn well please. What's the alternative, a day labor center on every corner because that is what the illegal aliens want. Throw them in jail and quit playing around with them. I think ICE needs to show up at that location. That should fix the problem.

America needs to get out of the day labor business. There are other alternative to day labor. There are private companies called temp services and there is a government office for the unemployed. Day labor sites and centers are nothing but loop holes for illegal aliens to find work. They should be banned and considered aiding and assisting because legal residents and citizens have other resources.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm traveling to Phoenix this week and fully intend to visit this area and document with some photos.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12