Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OH: Local family being deported

Local family being deported

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 04:54 AM PST

Updated: Nov 17, 2008 05:47 AM PST

By Jill Eichorn

AMELIA, OH (FOX19) - He escaped from the mafia in Communist Bulgaria with nothing but his wife and two daughters, and he began living the American dream in Amelia, Ohio.

But a paperwork problem's sending him on the run again.

When you hear the words 'illegal aliens' you might think of people who snuck into this country and don't pay taxes. But an Amelia family who has lived as Americans for more than a decade, whose kids went to Turpin High School - one of them even graduated from Xavier University - is being kicked out of the country this week.

George Dombov was a wealthy businessman in Bulgaria in the 90s.

He owned a fancy restaurant and nightclub, had several houses and bodyguards for his family - a necessity when the Mafia moved in.

"They tried to kidnap another daughter," said Dombov. "We were stranded. It was impossible to stay there any longer."

So George and his family sought asylum in the U.S.

Speaking no English, George got social security cards for his family, got a work permit, became a licensed plumber and paid his taxes.

He applied for citizenship but says the language barrier caused a misrepresentation in the paperwork.

Then in February, Homeland Security showed up on his doorstep, arrested him, his wife who has multiple sclerosis, and both of his daughters.

Both his girls have been married to American men for several years.

"We're good citizens and I don't understand why they want good citizens to get out who contribute to the country," said Mariana Webb. "I just don't understand that."

"Now everything is yanked from under me," said Mariana's husband, Mike. "They're taking my wife for no particular reason which does nobody any good."

Without Mariana's income, the Webbs say they'll likely lose their home.

"I can understand illegal immigrants that don't pay taxes and use the system to their benefit," said Marian. "We're protective citizens of the society."

Just a few years ago, George built his perfect home by hand, one more dream he's set to lose.

"Tried to start here again from zero," he said. "And I think I make the American dream - build a house, and now I need to walk away from the house like I had to do 15 years ago."

Congresswoman Jean Schmidt's office said there isn't much they can do about deportation cases once it's moved from the federal to judicial levels.

http://www.wxix.com/Global/story.asp?S=9361449
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bye Bye illegal alien.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

ALL illegals seem to think their case is the exception but in the end Illegal is Illegal and they should have applied in their HOME country like other HONEST immigrants do instead of jumping ahead of the line.

The daughters husbands should be charged with Aiding & Abetting !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

MW
    Speaking no English, George got social security cards for his family, got a work permit, became a licensed plumber and paid his taxes.
    How does an illegal alien get social security cards for his family? Furthermore, how does he get a legal work permit? Something is missing from this 'sob' story.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Something doesn't add up with this story. If this guy got a social security card and a work permit, he must have had legal permission to be here. The fact that he applied for citizenship tells me he had permission to be here too. So why did a mistake on the paperwork cause him to be arrested? That is not how USCIS operates. If you make a mistake on the paperwork, they just send it back to you to correct the mistake. Then put you one the bottom of the pile again.I think the writer of this story left out something.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

He applied for citizenship but says the language barrier caused a misrepresentation in the paperwork.

If he was applying for citizenship, there shouldn't have been a "language barrier".

WHERE AND HOW DID HE GET SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS? Who do these cards belong to? Illegal aliens BUY SS CARDS on the black market. How did he become a LICENSED plumber?

Does this man and his illegal alien family REALLY believe that their situation is any different than other illegal aliens and that he and his family should be the exception to our immigration laws?

THIS MAN AND HIS FAMILY ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING LIVES OF MANY AMERICAN MISERABLE. WHETHER ITS BY GETTING BENEFITS OR TAKING JOBS, THEY ROBBED AMERICANS OF DECENT WAGES AND COST TAXPAYERS BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

DEPORT ALL OF THEM!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ignorance is no excuse for not obeying the law.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know this family personally and they are honest good people they do alot with in the community and they have been here for 14 years so make sure you get the facts straight before talking about a family who did do there paperwork the honest way and lost everything that they had doing so now they are back to having nothing!!! So make sure you know what your talking about before passing judgement on someone they paid taxes just like anyone else living here and unfortuantly was misled with there paperwork this can happen to anyone!!

robntina

Is that short for Robnhooda???
    What is in the water in America today that has people like you willing to forgive any transgression by paying taxes?? The story smells like an old fish. How did he get a plumber' license?? Where I live, you must do an extensive apprenticeship and you are vetted before you can get in the trade. How did he support his family while in training??? Who supported him??
    I, too, think a lot was left out of the story......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast