Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK: 7 Killed In I-40 Crash Near Elk City

http://www.koco.com/news/10745368/detail.html

7 Killed In I-40 Crash Near Elk City

POSTED: 7:21 am CST January 14, 2007
    UPDATED: 9:09 am CST January 14, 2007

ELK CITY, Okla. -- Seven people died in a fatal car crash in western Oklahoma early Sunday, troopers confirmed.

Officials said the crash happened five miles east of Elk City along Interstate 40. The crash involved a van carrying 12 people and a semi truck, troopers said.

The eastbound van apparently hit a slick spot on the road about 3:50 a.m., slid through the center median and struck a westbound tractor-trailer, OHP trooper Kera Philippi said. Five of the van's occupants were taken to a nearby hospital with varying levels of injury, Philippi said.

The identities of the victims have not been released, but Philippi said all the van's occupants were residents of Mexico.

"The medical examiner has made positive identification of some of them, but they're having to use interpreters to locate next of kin," Philippi said.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    I heard about this on the news. Wih all the ice across Oklahoma and the illegals lack of drivers ed. and no experience on ice there could be lots more of this. I told my relatives in Oklahoma to stay off the roads ,especially the ones that live near the Seaboard Plant.

This reminds me of the crash on the highway that goes through my town that killed 4. I'm told they pay no attention to weather reports.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    .....AND that makes sense because they do not pay much attention to anything except how to best get across the border.

And they are all going to get the best free medical care, physical therapy and whatever else they will need to recover from this terrible accident.

MW
    Just imagine how many of these illegal immigrant filled vans travel our highways daily that don't get pulled over or have an accident. I believe there was recently a similar accident somewhere in Pa. Furthermore, we've all heard about the van full of illegals that rolled over in California and the illegal filled van that was pulled over in Pa. recently. Actually, I believe the ACLU has filed a lawsuit for racial profiling against the trooper that pulled the van over in Pa.

My point, the illegals are rolling in and spreading out all over the country in those packed vans!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just knew when I heard 7 killed in a "mini-van" that it had to be ILLEGAL ALIENS...

Minivan Hits Big Rig in Okla., Killing 7
    7 Die As Minivan Slams Into Big Rig on Oklahoma Highway; Troopers Say Victims Were From Mexico
    The Associated Press
    ELK CITY, Okla. - A minivan carrying 12 people skidded off an icy highway early Sunday and slammed into an oncoming tractor-trailer, killing seven, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said.

The eastbound van slid through the center median and struck a westbound tractor-trailer on Interstate 40 around 3:50 a.m., trooper Kera Philippi said. Five of the van's occupants were taken to a hospital, Philippi said.

Their injuries did not appear to be life-threatening, a hospital spokesman said.

The identities of the woman and six men who were killed were not immediately released. Philippi said all the van's occupants were adult residents of Mexico, and interpreters were being used to locate next of kin.

All seven victims were thrown or partially thrown from the minivan and apparently were not wearing seat belts, trooper Chris Laufer said. They were pronounced dead at the scene, he said.

At the time of the crash, about 110 miles west of Oklahoma City, freezing rain was falling and visibility was limited, according to the National Weather Service. A powerful winter storm had coated roads and highways with ice and sleet.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/print?id=2794162
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

And this is what happened when a bunch of Illegal aliens hit a patch of ICE yesterday...

13 Illegal Immigrants Arrested After Crash
    POTTSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - January 13, 2007 - Police say 13 illegal immigrants were arrested after the van they were riding in hit an ice patch, flipped over and crashed into a guardrail in northeastern Pennsylvania.

The ten men and three women were heading north on Route 309 on their way to work when the driver lost control shortly before 8 a-m yesterday. Two were treated for minor injuries.

After the crash, the group was taken to the Rush Township police station and then transported to Philadelphia by U-S Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers to face deportation charges. That's according to township police Chief Robert Romanick.

Police say that all of those arrested are either from the city of Reading or the Reading area in Berks County.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

MW
    It's sort of strange that The Associated Press reported the victims in Pa. as illegal immigrants, but than on the very next day reported those in the Ok. accident as adult residents of Mexico. What's up with that - can't the AP stay consistent in their reporting?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

More Smithfield workers?

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ ... 460788.htm

Posted on Sun, Jan. 14, 2007

7 killed when van bound for N.C. crashes into semi

Associated Press

ELK CITY, Okla. - A minivan carrying 12 people to North Carolina skidded off an icy highway early Sunday and slammed into an oncoming tractor-trailer, killing seven, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said.

The eastbound van apparently hit a slick spot on Interstate 40 about 3:50 a.m., slid through the center median and struck a westbound tractor-trailer, OHP Trooper Kera Philippi said. Five of the van's occupants were taken to a nearby hospital, where their injuries did not appear to be life-threatening, a hospital spokesman said.

The identities of the victims have not been released, but Philippi said all the van's occupants were adult residents of Mexico.

"The medical examiner has made positive identification of some of them, but they're having to use interpreters to locate next of kin," Philippi said.

Six of the seven victims were ejected from the van, and a seventh was partially ejected, said Trooper Chris Laufer, the first trooper to arrive at the scene. The six men and one woman were pronounced dead at the scene and apparently were not wearing seat belts, Laufer said.

The passengers in the 1998 Chevrolet Astro van, some of whom were related, were traveling from Arizona to North Carolina, OHP Capt. Chris West said.

A preliminary report shows the rear of the van struck the front of the semi, Laufer said.

"It looks like when (the van) came across the median and entered the oncoming lane, it had turned around," he said.

At the time of the crash, there was limited visibility and freezing rain in the area, according to the National Weather Service.

A powerful winter storm continued to push through the state Sunday, covering roads and highways with ice and sleet.

"The roads are still very slick," Philippi said. "Of course, in these kinds of conditions we encourage people not to travel unless it's absolutely necessary."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast