Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK: Housing decline offsets shortage

As immigrant workers flee the state, immigrant-heavy sectors such as construction have seen varying declines of skilled workers.

In Tulsa, where enforcement has been more pronounced, so have labor shortages. The distress it has caused in the construction sector in Oklahoma County has been only slight. Overall, the blow of immigration enforcement appears to have been softened by less building, experts said.

"I would say in Tulsa, it has been as devastating as they had expected,â€
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Re: OK: Housing decline offsets shortage

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    U.S. Hispanic Contractors Association Chairman Frank Fuentes
    So much for UNITED States and "e pluribus unum". Why do they feel the need to have a "Hispanic" organization?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

On the city's east side, a team of Hispanic workers were on lunch break from building a municipal drainage canal. Project supervisor Jesse Morano said he is well-known in the Hispanic community and people often come to him looking for work.

This is a municipal project?

Are the "hispanic workers" this self appointed Father Theresa has flocking to him for work, legally eligible to work in the US?

U[b].S. Hispanic Contractors Association Chairman Frank Fuentes echoed some of the association's findings. The trade association has chapters across the nation and says builders — especially those working in the commercial/industrial and governmental sectors — have been seeing dramatic worker shortages.

"They come to me and say, ‘I can't find good workers,'â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

call me crazy---but--

call me crazy---but-- the very fact that there is an organization titled the "US Hispanic Contractor's Association" shows how deeply the penetration of our industries has become. It should have been addressed years ago. I suggest that here should be an "All American, No Hispanic Contractors' Assocaition". See how long that is in existence before the ACLU and the other communists come out of the woodwork to scream and shout "racist, xenophobe".

I am also very tired of hearing about their "skills". In the Atlanta area, where roofers have been using low wage illegal aliens, you can go into a development, look up at the roofs and see the rippling in the shingles where the non-skilled aliens put them on.
    One personal experience I had (and I have had a few merely as a buyer of homes over the past few years), a double door exit from my above ground basement was framed out 10 inches wider than specs. The laborers had to come back and reframe under the guidance of an American. This same house had a bay window kitchen with a door to the porch on the right side angle. The floor was a full inch lower at the door than 2 feet away at the center window. They had to bring in an American Master carpenter to resolve the problem.
    I complained to the GC about the fact that most of the crew did not speak English and I thought most were illegal. She rejoined that I would probably have to pay $20,000 more for the house if they used American workers. I got ticked and said to her, "Then that is how much an American home in America should cost". I also told her that I did not believe for a minute the house price was lowered. I said that her company's profits were higher. I was in a contract and could not back out. I f I had known they were going to use non-skilled labor and/or illegals, I would not have bought a house in that development.
    PS I will not even go into the messed up driveway extension installed by a team of what I am sure were illegal concrete workers.

As John Stossel says--"Give me a break!!".