Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

OK-Sheriff: immigration enforcement lowers crime in Tulsa Co

Sheriff: immigration enforcement lowers crime in Tulsa County
    Reported by: Krista Flasch
    Email: flasch@kjrh.com
    Last Update: 6:14 pm

Immigration Law

The Tulsa County jail isn't as crowded as it used to be, since a new program began two years ago. Sheriff's deputies are now helping immigration and customs agents enforce federal immigration laws.

By participating in what's called 287(g), the sheriff's office has received close to seven million dollars. At the same time, Sheriff Stanley Glanz reports that major crimes went down by 13% in 2009.

"We're taking someone who doesn't have the morals and values we want to see in our community and remove them from our community," said Glanz.

Anyone in the jail without documentation is turned over to the feds, who begin the deportation process. So far, deputies say they've identified close to 8,000 illegal aliens, mostly from Mexico. But that's not why leaders of the Hispanic community have a problem with 287(g).

"It was a great idea, (but) one that's being poorly implemented," said Marvin Lizama, president of the Coalition for the American Dream.

Lizama points to the Department of Homeland Security's recent performance review of 287(g). The inspector general's office makes 33 recommendations for improvement. The first addresses a lack of sufficient data collection. Based on sample arrests, the office concludes, "the results do not show resources have been focused on aliens who pose the greatest risk to the public."

"Most of the arrests that are occurring when it comes to the undocumented population are traffic related." says Lizama. He says it's an offense for which most people don't go to jail.

2NEWS asked what the 8,000 illegal aliens were arrested for, but were told by the sheriff's office that it doesn't track that information.

Despite reported problems, the sheriff is confident the program is doing what it was intended to do, by making communities safe.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/story/Sh ... px?rss=701
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Most of the arrests that are occurring when it comes to the undocumented population are traffic related." says Lizama. He says it's an offense for which most people don't go to jail.
    So? They're still here illegally and must be deported. The program is doing exactly what it's supposed to do!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

See , even when the law offices use Federal laws the Hispanic groups still complain about the crack downs. A bunch of ignorant people these groups are. They gripe if the states or cities crack down on illegals (saying it is the federal governments job) and when the federal government does it ,they complain again. Ok , maybe just stupid!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

"Most of the arrests that are occurring when it comes to the undocumented population are traffic related

I always thought that driving w/o a license was breaking a law??????

Lawbreakers get arrested....don't they????????????

So....what is the problem??????????????????
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Added to Homepage with Amended Title
    Tulsa (OK) Sheriff: Immigration Enforcement Lowers Crimes

http://www.alipac.us/article-5186--0-0.html

Here I am thinking that simply being in the USA illegally was a deportable offense...silly me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)