Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OKLAHOMA'S NEW LAW IS WORKING!!!!!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. ... AUSci58616

A U.S. citizen was arrested under the state's controversial new anti-illegal immigrant law overnight in Tulsa County, an opponent of the law said Thursday.

The woman was arrested for transporting her boyfriend, who was an illegal alien, said the Rev. Miguel Rivera, president of the National Coalition of Latino Clergy and Christian Leaders.

Under the law, which went into effect at midnight, it is a felony to knowingly transport an illegal alien.

A spokesman for the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office couldn't confirm the story.

''We are going to continue transporting our fellow Latinos no matter their status,'' Rivera said.

If taken to jail, Rivera said he will sing and preach there and continue fighting against the law.

Rivera and the Rev. Victor Orta said Thursday that they have faith that U.S. District Judge James Payne will eventually declare the law unconstitutional.

A challenge to the law is pending before Payne, who refused to issue a preliminary injunction to block the law Wednesday.

If Payne does not rule their way, they said they are ready to take the case to the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals or the U.S. Supreme Court.

Rivera said that Hispanics have lost faith in the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office and the Tulsa Police Department, despite assurances from those agencies that they don't intend to enforce the law against people who aren't found committing other crimes.

Rivera said he is telling all Hispanics to call the FBI anytime they need police because Tulsa and Tulsa County officers will check the residency status of crime victims and witnesses.

He also said a list of 30 to 33 incidents of illegal racial profiling by Tulsa-area police has been referred to the U.S. Department of Justice for investigation.

Tulsa County Undersheriff Brian Edwards said the sheriff's office is only checking the residency status of people who are arrested, not victims or witnesses.

''You shouldn't be afraid to call the police,'' Edwards said. ''The last thing people need it to live in a state of fear.'' Edwards said he is frustrated by Rivera's comments.

''I don't know why they're not working to help as many of their people as possible to become legal,'' Edwards said. ''It seems like an all-out assault on us for enforcing the law.''

Edwards said he wasn't aware of anyone being arrested in Tulsa County for breaking HB 1804 as described by Rivera

Go to the link to read the comments.

She should have been arrested. She broke the law by transporting her boyfriend who is illegal. What part of the law do they not understand.

''We are going to continue transporting our fellow Latinos no matter their status,'' Rivera said.

If taken to jail, Rivera said he will sing and preach there and continue fighting against the law.

Come sit next to me Rev. Rivera and have a nice glass of our Kool-Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor

Come sit next to me Rev. Rivera and have a nice glass of our Kool-Aid.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Re: OKLAHOMA'S NEW LAW IS WORKING!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dgremark
    ''I don't know why they're not working to help as many of their people as possible to become legal,'' Edwards said.
    Get this through your thick head. Americans ARE working to make these people become legal, by helping to return them to their native country where they are already legal Citizens!

In other words, the OK law is A PATH TO LEGAL RESIDENCE! Maybe that is what they should have called it, Path to Legal Residence.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting that he wants them to call the FBI instead of the local PD. Isn't the FBI a "Federal" investigative unit? Sooo... ok, you're saying residency status, (I will NOT say 'immigration status'!) is a Federal issue, not a State issue? Well then by all means, call the FBI, lol. Please have your documentation ready when they show up at your home.!

I'm DGREMARK and I didn't write that Bowman

Why do Americans have to work to make them legal? Isn't that the responsibility of any immigrant?

Just another idiot who thinks America needs to fix the world.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by dgremark
    I'm DGREMARK and I didn't write that Bowman
    Dgremark, I'm pretty sure Bowman was aiming that at Edwards, the idiot who made the statement.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

By Devona Walker

Staff Writer

More than a thousand people met on the south steps of the state Capitol today to protest HB 1804, one of the toughest immigration laws in the nation.

"This country is not ours, but since we are here, we are going to fight for our rights,â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast