Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Operation Phoenix Rising: Naples Florida Tea Party

"Operation Phoenix Rising" Naples Florida Tea Party Version

Naples Tea Party

By Barry Willoughby

Posted June 5, 2010 at 8:07 p.m.

To all Naples Tea Party Patriots............It was a first for us........a Tea Party format that revolved around speakers instead of standing on a busy street waving signs.....not that there is anything wrong with that, but the theme of "Operation Phoenix Rising" required a different approach.

All I can say is we pulled it off with the great speakers we had. Again, we want to thank all those who helped with the program and those in attendance for your support. We expected around 300 people and we reached that number. Yes, it was hot. It's a good thing we had all that nice shade to sit under and we finished up as promised at 1:30.

We recorded the event and it will be put on YouTube. I'll forward you the link when I receive it. Some of you have already sent some great photos. Please continue sending them and we'll pass them around.

The first segment of the news coverage was on WINK News. While it was short, they did a credible job and we got our message across.

We'll work on the sound system so that we don't have to yell into the mic in order for people to hear us. Beggars can't be choosers.

The first news reports are coming in from Phoenix, Arizona.....the site of "Operation Phoenix Rising." Thousands of people supporting Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigration gathered near the state Capitol Saturday afternoon.

According to one news report, hundreds of motorcycle riders kicked off the downtown Phoenix rally off by riding in a procession around the Capitol. Supporters waved American flags and some carried signs that read "What part of illegal don't they understand?"

For those who were not able to attend and in order to get a flavor of the Naples Tea Party version of "Operation Phoenix Rising," below is the speech that Andrew Joppa delivered. Feel free to pass this on to your friends and submit it to your elected representatives and internet forums. This needs to go viral. I'll forward some of the other speeches in my next update. We can't let up on this issue, otherwise we'll end up with a 2,000 page immigration bill that no one will read before voting on it. Sound familiar?

Thanks for your support and keep up the good fight. Have your friends get engaged. They can reach us at:

naplesteaparty@gmail.com

Arizona SB 1070
    June 5, 2010
    Andrew R. Joppa

"My mother's maiden name was Gomez. By government practice, therefore, I am an Hispanic. On October 30, 2008 my grandfather's two nephews, my cousins and friends, Wallace and Beauford Gomez of Marrero Louisiana, were shot to death by five illegal immigrants from Central America during a robbery at their business. This anecdote was not a story about Hispanics; it was a story about illegals. There is every reason to believe that if our Federal government had fulfilled its responsibilities that these two decent men would still be alive. Incredibly, however, the politically motivated debate over the obvious necessity of sealing our borders and controlling illegal immigration continues.

There are few issues as important to the life of our nation as the integrity of our borders and the nature of citizenship. These are the issues that define our identity and will ultimately shape our future. With our nation at war its ability to regulate and control its borders is a security matter of the highest importance and, yes, we are at war; 3000 dead at the World Trade Center, 1000 warriors dead in Afghanistan, over 4000 dead in Iraq, all testify to that reality. The massacre at Ft. Hood by jihadist Nadal Malik Hasan, the murder of a soldier in Arkansas by jihadist Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammed, the near tragedy over the skies of Detroit created by jihadist Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, our narrow escape in Times Square caused by the actions of terrorist jihadist Faisal Shazad and the sniper murder of ten innocents by self declared jihadist John Allen Muhammed (most do not realize that the Virginia sniper and his ward, Malvo...were committed Islamic Jihadists) should remind us that we are at war and the battle ground includes America itself. If terrorists like these can continue to penetrate our borders... almost at will... the possible destruction could be catastrophic.

But America does not have to explain or justify why its borders should be closed. In a like manner I don't have to explain or justify who I invite into my home. It is my right to make that decision as I see fit. It has no other characteristic other than my preference. It is America's right to decide the characteristics and numbers of its immigrants as it sees fit; for a nation that fails to control its borders simply ceases to exist as a real nation.

An unregulated border creates anarchy. America at its best, however, is a nation of law. At its best we are not driven by the whims of few ideological eccentrics in Washington. At our best we are driven by our Constitution and our respect for law. If we disagree with those laws we have a legal process in place to amend them. They should not, however, be amended by the casual, misinformed, fiat of a politician.

Those who are sworn to uphold our laws and create the safety and integrity of our nation through secure borders have consistently turned their back on this basic legal responsibility. They have, in fact, put themselves above the law.

One state has finally said "enough." The great state of Arizona, under the heroic leadership of Governor Jan Brewer has stood up proudly and created a law that echoes existing Federal law but still provides multi-levels of safeguards so that individual liberties are not violated. The law specifically states that police, “may not solely consider race, color or national origin.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fantastic speech and right on point all the way! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Naples, Florida, Andrew R. Joppa, and all the great Americans who stood up for Arizona at the Naples Tea Party.

LETS GO NAPLES, LETS GO FLORIDA, GO STATES!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://tinyurl.com/33kdzay

Some Brevard County state legislators running for re-election are falling over themselves to support Arizona’s immigration law that makes all Hispanics, including native-born U.S. citizens, crime suspects.

Tuesday, Sen. Thad Altman, R-Viera, Representatives Ritch Workman, R-Melbourne, and John Tobia, R-Melbourne, strongly backed the discriminatory law during a town hall meeting.

Sen. Mike Haridopolos, R-Merritt Island, also supports the law, which carries new and harsher penalties than federal immigration statutes.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Andrew Joppa's speech is what most citizens are feeling toward our Government.

He has the ability to put all our thoughts into words and I gave him a standing ovation.

Also,Cudos to WINK News,who gave a very positive report of this event.

Some very negative comments are being left at the article site,one claiming it was all an old white crowd.

FYI,Jobba is half Hispanic and alot of young people of all races/ethnic backgrounds were there.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot

He has the ability to put all our thoughts into words and I gave him a standing ovation.

Also,Cudos to WINK News,who gave a very positive report of this event.

Some very negative commens are being left at the article site,one claiming it was all an old white crowd.

FYI,Jobba is half Hispanic and alot of young people of all races/ethnic backgrounds were there.
    Yes, and Joppa's family are victims of illegal immigration. He mentioned that 2 of his cousins were murdered by 5 illegal aliens in Louisiana whe their store was robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot

Some very negative commens are being left at the article site,one claiming it was all an old white crowd.
    USPatriot, when people resort to playing the "Ism" card, it's a sure sign that they don't actually have anything to say. Joppa's speech is just a reminder that our government's first duty is - or at least ought to be - toward its own citizens. The Open Borders, Come And Get It crowd recognizes the power of that concept, so they play the Ism card.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade