Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oregonian Newspaper to roll out Spanish language newspaper

I'm so saddened by things like this I can hardly express myself.

I picture a Portland in the not too distant future where native Oregonians and American citizens will no longer be the majority and Illegal Aliens will be the largest part of the population.

If you think that can't happen, look at Los Angeles, Houston or any border town. They have completely succumb to the hoards from Mexico.

This is not about serving an "English as a second language population". This is about the 55+ percent of the Hispanic population in Oregon being here illegally.

I hope that Oregon residents who are as repulsed by this as I am will cancel their Oregonian Newspaper subscriptions out of protest.

If you'd like to contact the Oregonian, you can reach Editor Sandy Rowe at 503.221.8400 or srowe@news.oregonian.com . You can also reach Peter Bhatia, Executive Editor at 503.221.8393 or pbhatia@news.oregonian.com . Also in charge is Robert Caldwell, Editorial Page Editor at 503.221.8197 or bobcaldwell@news.oregonian.com .

Keep in mind, this is the newspaper that applauds Illegal Aliens for their theft of citizen's identification in order to get ahead. They also told us that the rape (followed by her gruesome murder) of 15 year old Dani Countryman was probably consensual.

http://www.kgw.com/business/stories/kgw ... a2705.html

05:36 PM PDT on Monday, September 10, 2007

By JOE SMITH, Special to kgw.com

Starting Friday a new Spanish language newspaper called 'Cancha' hits the streets.
    "Cancha means playing field", said Brad Harmon, director of sales and marketing for the Oregonian.

It's on that playing field the Oregonian now wants to be part of the game.

"This will be one way we will grow in readership and also in revenue," said Harmon.

The Hispanic population in Oregon and Southwest Washington has grown 43 percent since 2001.

Harmon says "It's much different than any other product in the market." It will be a tabloid, fold-out format, and like other niche papers Cancha will be free.

The paper will focus on sports and entertainment. Two pages will be devoted to local news and events and another ten for classified ads.

Local content will come from the resources of Oregonian reporters and translated. The rest will be supplied by the Oregonian's partnership with Groupa Reforma, known as the New York Times of Mexico.

To start the Cancha will publish twenty thousand copies and will be distributed Friday's in 500 street boxes and local businesses.

The first paper hits stands September 14th in time to celebrate Mexico's independence this Sunday.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Cancha will be free
    The spanish newspaper here is free too. We have to pay for the English newspaper.

I am so sorry. I know how it feels. I was born amd raised in NJ and saw my state taken over by illegals as well. It is horrible and something that needs to be stopped and the damage reversed. Anyone that does not believe it can happen ANYWHERE in the US is living under a rock.

I am going to send letters to the addresses that you listed.

As you said, this is the newspaper that wrote horrible things about Dani Countryman while praising illegals, so I guess it is not a total surprise.

I hope other good Americans like yourself will cancel their subscriptions. It would be great if there were some local advertisers who would boycitt and pull their ads.

Nicole

MW
    "This will be one way we will grow in readership and also in revenue," said Harmon.
    As usual, it's all about the money! The profiteering on illegal aliens continues.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hi There BeltwayBullDotCom - welcome aboard!

Yes, the speeding train analogy with no engineer is a good one!

Re: "idiots on the Beltway..."
    I guess they are called "Beltway Bandits" for good reason, yes?

About the newspaper in the OP:

Oh, did I say the Oregonian paper is a rag? How are the layoffs going?

Personally, I think NWCN does a much more balanced and complete job with the news here in OR and the NW region overall.
    (For those that would like to disassociate from The Oregonian and check out NWCN online: http://www.nwcn.com and they are on Comcast Ch 49 here locally).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)