Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'OUR CITIZENS ARE UNDER SIEGE': PERRY SENDS NATIONAL GUARD TO BORDER

'OUR CITIZENS ARE UNDER SIEGE': PERRY SENDS NATIONAL GUARD TO BORDER

BACK TO BREITBART TV

Watch this speech at the link.

on BREITBART TV 21 Jul 2014, 12:36 PM PDT 3252POST A COMMENT

Monday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) announced he is deploying 1,000 Texas National Guard to the U.S. border with Mexico, saying he can not idly sit by while "our citizens are under siege."

Pointing out the tens of thousands pf unaccompanied minors only make up roughly 20 percent of those being apprehended illegally crossing the border, Perry said he can no longer wait for the president to act as gang members and drug cartels flood into Texas, causing crime to skyrocket. Perry pointed out Texas tax payers can not bear the expense of processing and housing the surge of illegal immigration caused by President Obama's 2012 executive action "Dream Act" which has given people in Central America the idea children will be allowed to stay once in the U.S.

Perry has repeatedly called on President Obama to visit the border, calling his refusal Obama’s “Katrina,” moment.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...uard-to-Border

Yes, and when the press asked about this he said, "It would make more sense if by bi[partisan effort we sent 20,000 troops to the border." If Obama favors 20,000 let's get them for him.

Email those congressman, I've already notified mine!

I have to think that the cartels firing the 50 cal was the last straw.

The liberal, pro amnesty, Houston Chronicle's take. The picture they used for sympathy shows all adult crossers.

Perry sending National Guard to fight crime along border

By Brian M. Rosenthal |
    July 21, 2014

• Photo By Jerry Lara / San Antonio Express-News
      Using an inflatable raft, smugglers, carry immigrants across the Rio Grande near the international bridge in Roma. Law officials say higher-risk smuggling operations are moving into Starr County to avoid areas now saturated with officers. ALL ADULTS

AUSTIN -- Gov. Rick Perry said Monday he will send as many as 1,000 Texas National Guard troops to the Rio Grande Valley to fight crime while other authorities are overwhelmed by a flood of unaccompanied children from Central America.

The National Guard troops will support a surge in Texas Department of Public Safety officers sent to the southern border last month, said Perry, calling the troops a "force multiplier."

"Operation Strong Safety," as the effort is called, is aimed at combatting crime along the border and will particularly target Mexican drug cartels "trying to exploit this tragedy (of unaccompanied minors flooding the border) for their own criminal opportunities," Perry said.
    He and other officials noted that unaccompanied children make up only 20 percent of illegal immigrants coming across the border and that there were 8,496 illegal immigrants booked into Texas jails for crimes between April and June of this year.

"I will not stand idly by while our citizens are under assault and little children from Central America are detained in squalor," the governor said, adding that "you cannot have national security without border security."

The deployment was first reported by the McAllen Monitor on Sunday night. The official announcement was made at a packed afternoon news conference by Perry and other officials, including Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and Attorney General Greg Abbott.
    Dewhurst said the deployment is necessary because the flood of unaccompanied minors has hurt the federal Border Patrol's ability to do its job.

Abbott said he expects the federal government to reimburse the cost of the deployment -- about $12 million per month, in addition to the $5 million monthly cost of the DPS officers. His office is prepared to sue the federal government if necessary to get the reimbursement, he said.

"Texans are prepared to put the boots on the ground," Abbott said. "But we expect Washington to foot the bill."

Democrats immediately criticized the deployment, accusing Perry of using the guard to score political points.

"Local law enforcement, elected officials, and faith and community leaders in the Rio Grande Valley have expressed concerned about militarizing the border, the need to create a short-term humanitarian solution, and solving the long-term need for comprehensive immigration reform," Texas Democratic Party spokesman Emmanuel Garcia said in a statement sent to news media.

"Today, Governor Rick Perry ignored those voices. While those in the Valley are working hard to care for thousands of children in need and demanding we fix our broken immigration system, Governor Perry is continuing his routine of photo-op politics to further his Presidential aspirations."

A White House spokesman called the planned guard call-up a "symbolic" move by Perry.

"I know that Gov. Perry is hopeful that it will send an important symbol," White House Press Secretaryt Josh Earnest said in his daily press briefing. "What we're focused on is making sure we have the necessary resources at the border to deal with the problem on a sustained basis. By nature a National Guard deployment is temporary."

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Perry-expected-to-send-National-Guard-to-border-5635893.php

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    Yes, and when the press asked about this he said, "It would make more sense if by bi[partisan effort we sent 20,000 troops to the border." If Obama favors 20,000 let's get them for him.

Email those congressman, I've already notified mine!
    I need to clarify, I became over excited. When the press asked the WH spokesman Josh Earnest about the a,000 TX troops Josh said "it would make more sense to have a bi-partisan effort to send 20,000 troops." Now that I FULLY ENDORSE!