Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

OUTRAGE: GOP Chair Martinez Condemns U.S. In Latin America!

June 15, 2007

OUTRAGE: GOP Chair Martinez Condemns U.S. in Latin America (including Contra Defeat of Communism)

By Debbie Schlussel

Now, he's really gone too far.

Republican Party Chairman and Florida U.S. Senator Mel Martinez needs to get out of politics before he single-handedly (well, actually with the help of President George W. Bush and other Senators like Jon Kyl) destroys the Republican Party forever.

Today's Wall Street Journal Washington Wire reports that--despite the GOP's jilted lover stalking of the Hispanic vote (including such tactics as the Illegal Alien Amnesty Bill)--more Hispanics than ever identify themselves as Democrats rather than Republicans. A new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll finds that they identify 51% to 21% as Democrats to Republicans.

But, instead of facing the music that open borders advocacy doesn't help the GOP even from a pragmatic, vote-whoring point of view, Martinez instead BLAMES America for "past foreign interventions in Latin American countries" for the downward decline in Hispanic GOP identification. And, Martinez maintains, "a skillful 2008 Republican candidate can recover."

Sandinista, er . . . GOP Chairman, Senator Mel Martinez
    HUH?????!!!!! Ronald Reagan is turning over in his grave . . . again.

The last American "foreign intervention in Latin America" was when we supported the Nicaraguan Freedom Fighters--the Contras--against the Communist tyranny of the Sandinistas, headed by Gucci-glasses, pre-Lasik Daniel Ortega. We need to "recover" from that?!

If only we had listened to Oliver North in Nicaragua's elections, last year, and had another "foreign intervention in Latin America." But we did not, and Daniel Ortega (now Lasik-ed) has returned to power.

And, guess what? Our lack of "foreign intervention in Latin America," this time around, didn't help the GOP, Senor Martinez.

But it did lead to this . . .

Mr. Martinez, time for you to say Adios . . . before the rest of America says Adios to you and your party.

Oh, and by the way, that same Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll showed that fewer than 30% of members of both parties--the GOP and the Democrats--call the Senate immigration amnesty bill "acceptable."

Like I said, take the hint, Mr. Martinez. Say bye-bye. Please.

Posted by Debbie at 12:28 PM | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0) | Printer Friendly

Republican Party Chairman and Florida U.S. Senator Mel Martinez needs to get out of politics before he single-handedly (well, actually with the help of President George W. Bush and other Senators like Jon Kyl) destroys the Republican Party forever
    While I agree that this POS traitor needs to leave office immediately, I wish writers and the media would quit blaming the entire Rep party. The blame should be placed on individuals, not the entire party. There are good officials (however few they may be) in both parties. Let's start singling out the losers and quit labeling the entire party because it only gives the good guys bad names.
    Think think think...
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    Republican Party Chairman and Florida U.S. Senator Mel Martinez needs to get out of politics before he single-handedly (well, actually with the help of President George W. Bush and other Senators like Jon Kyl) destroys the Republican Party forever
    While I agree that this POS traitor needs to leave office immediately, I wish writers and the media would quit blaming the entire Rep party. The blame should be placed on individuals, not the entire party. There are good officials (however few they may be) in both parties. Let's start singling out the losers and quit labeling the entire party because it only gives the good guys bad names.
    Think think think...
    There are way too many "bad" ones in each party; maybe the very few "good" ones on each side could start a new party...a party for the PEOPLE!

MW
    sippy wrote:

Think think think...
    Well said, sippy! Without the Republicans in the U.S. Congress our ship would have already be sunk (in the last Congress). Furthermore, if this so-called comprehensive immigration reform bill gets through the Senate, we're going to need the U.S. House of Representative Republicans.

Let's start singling out the losers and quit labeling the entire party because it only gives the good guys bad names.
    Ditto, ditto, ditto! I know it's getting more and more difficult to tell the good guys from the bad guys anymore, but if you look hard enough there are still a lot of good guys (and a few good gals) left in the Congress. It just so happens that more of the good guys happen to belong to the Republican Party.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    MW wrote:
    Ditto, ditto, ditto! I know it's getting more and more difficult to tell the good guys from the bad guys anymore, but if you look hard enough there are still a lot of good guys (and a few good gals) left in the Congress.
    I ditto that too, Sippy & MW! It's really hard to tell the good guys in the Senate. The house, not so much. Many more good guys in the House!

the problem is that people like Mel, Bush, all the RINOs, etc are destroying the GOP. Bush lost the 2006 for the GOP and now he is completely sinking the party. Yes there are many good people but they are not being listened to and like many of the good smart democrats they are completely lost in the party politics.

Re: OUTRAGE: GOP Chair Martinez Condemns U.S. In Latin Ameri

OUTRAGE: GOP Chair Martinez Condemns U.S. in Latin America (including Contra Defeat of Communism)

By Debbie Schlussel

Now, he's really gone too far.

Today's Wall Street Journal Washington Wire reports that--despite the GOP's jilted lover stalking of the Hispanic vote (including such tactics as the Illegal Alien Amnesty Bill)--more Hispanics than ever identify themselves as Democrats rather than Republicans. A new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll finds that they identify 51% to 21% as Democrats to Republicans.

This man is either an absolute idiot, which I haven't entirely ruled out yet, or an even bigger bastard than Ted Kennedy (seems impossible, i know).

The GOP know damn well that the only Hispanics they have been able to count on to be Republican are Cuban Refugees, the earlier they came, the more likely they are Republican. (Nicaraguans who came early 80's were also pretty much Republican as a group). Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, etc. as groups have never and most likely will never be Republican. (Recent Cuban arrivals are not leaning in the Republican direction, either) Yet they keep pandering to these Hispanics all the while ignoring the Hispanics they DO have, all in search of "the Hispanic vote"?

Re: OUTRAGE: GOP Chair Martinez Condemns U.S. In Latin Ameri

Isn't he a "refugee"?

I agree sippy and their are some Demacrates that stood against the bill also, I have been saying the Republicans are getting all the blame for this bad bill because of Bush, but what about Kennedy, Reid and a whole passel more Demacrates and I am hoping it will remove them from the majority and politics altogether because of it!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All you LOOKIE LOU"S out there in the backround yes you! COME ON GET INVOLVED!! If you have a question or need help just ask! one of these wonderful ALIPAC members will get back to you!! AND A BIG WELCOME!!
    "RED ALERT"
    We need a flood of 'No compromise" calls and e-mails into these Senate offices fast! Bush is bribing Republican TO PUSH S1348. Come on everyone time is crucial call all the senators not just your own.
    LETS ROLL!! you are the new patriots!

INSTRUCTIONS AND POSTING THREAD LINK BELOW!
    Leave posts so we know what they are saying!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 388#387388
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)