Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can any of these people show a precedent from the last 100 years that accommodated any other foreign language in our public schools?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I do not even have anything left to say on this topic. I just cannot believe how insane this whole issue has become. Your supposed to have a basic command of the English Language when you are granted citizenship.

Oh that's right, your an illegal and you determine what the rules are going to be as the rules that everyone else lives by do not apply to you.

I cannot believe the brazen, arrogance displayed by these people. They shouldn't even be allowed in our schools.

Period
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is interesting. These parents are whining about Spanish students only. What about the kids who speak other foreign languages? Do these parents want THEM to take the test in Spanish too?

If Spanish speaking students are allowed to take the test in Spanish, you'd have to allow all the other non-english speaking students to take it in THEIR native languages.
    Anything less would be discriminatory and unconstitutional.

Here's an idea..they ALL take the test in English. If even ONE student takes it in Spanish, CHI schools should lose the federal funds, let the spanish parents make up the shortfall!
    "

all 3 of my kids take spanish classes in high school. its required, the other choices are french, german and chinese, all of which are far more difficult to learn. i told them to choose spanish cus its easy and most likely will come in handy, especially when its spoken in front of you, and those who speak it dont want gringos to know what they say. big suprise to know!

Quote Originally Posted by draindog
    all 3 of my kids take spanish classes in high school. its required, the other choices are french, german and chinese, all of which are far more difficult to learn. i told them to choose spanish cus its easy and most likely will come in handy, especially when its spoken in front of you, and those who speak it dont want gringos to know what they say. big suprise to know!
    Yes, A language (of choice) is required, which is a good idea. The key word here is CHOICE. NO school should force anyone to take one language over another.

Also note, most upper middle class and above Mexicans DO speak English already, it's the "poor" classes that don't.
    "

Yes, they should have a basic understanding of English, however, they do not and again, most of them are illegal. Did you also notice that the parent was provided with an interpreter - at our expense? All of these little perks are being paid for by American citizens and these people have the audacity to make demands they are neither paying for nor are entitled to. Wait until McCain/Obama/Clinton get in power - we aint' seen nuthin' yet. Are we still in America and are these politicians and people in power positions need to be reminded they are working for us and not for the illegals.

Anyone in this country who does not learn the language will be relegated to being POOR the rest of their lives...adding to the already over-burdened welfare system. IMO, they should not even be admitted to first grade unless they are fluent in English! It's not our duty to educate the uneducatable and deprive our own children of a quality education. If we are going to be forced to keep them in this country, Mexico should provide for separate schools and funding for their "own" people! US taxpayers should NOT have the burden for Mexico's illiterate third worlders. We are not a bi-cultural, bi-lingual nation! We are NOT a 'dual sovereignty'...yet!

I hope this, along with the DHS lawsuit on Illinois about the eVerify system is just the start of our push back. And it’s about time! We need help here in the Chicago area and Illinois as far as that goes.

I guess the immigrants were felting a bit embolden yesterday because their leader El Presidente, was here in Chicago preaching anti-Gringo hate speech.

Here is another board posted this. (Go view the comments; it is much like us here at ALIPAC)

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=16064

During a news conference Tuesday at the Logan Square Neighborhood Association, about two dozen Latino parents charged that the test mandate is “unfair,’’ “anti-immigrant’’ and “anti-bilingual education.’’

“This is a way of attacking children who don’t understand the language,’’ said Martinez, who is pushing a resolution to delay the test for a year.

Previously, Illinois kids in bilingual education programs for less than three years took an alternative state test in English.

But last October federal education officials ruled that test did not meet federal No Child Left Behind standards. They ordered Illinois bilingual education students who have been in public schools for more than a year to take the same tests native English speakers take, starting March 3.

Speaking through a Spanish-English translator, parent Erika Soto said her third-grade daughter is “very smart, but because of this test, she is going to be labeled a failure. So how is she going to feel?’’
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Unbelievable....I grew up in Illinois. Wisely and fortunately my parents refused to send us to the local public schools because they were insisting that since we had Spanish surnames we needed to be in a "bilingual program". Lucky for us, my parents had the resources to send us to a private school and we learned English through immersion. In fact, I don't ever remember struggling with my learning of anything at that age...or even realizing that I could speak, write and read two languages at the same time...one at home and one at school or with friends, etc.

Illinois is a lost cause. It can't get any worse and I feel sorry for the AMerican students and their families who can't get out of there fast enough.

These people are really making Americans impatient and even more hardened in their positions regarding illegal immigration.

The fastest way to learn English....1) turn OFF the TELEMUNDO, UNIVISION, 2) turn off the Spanish language radio, 3) read English language newspapers, watch English language TV if necessary, 4) don't move to a neighborhood where English is not the dominant language in the community, the schools or the local businesses 5) avoid sending your kids to "bilingual education" that is a misnomer, in places like Chicago, L.A., Texas, it's "code word" for Spanish only instruction except for an hour or two in English (if they're lucky). It's also code word for unqualfied teachers who don't speak English well at all and can hardly be good models for English instruction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast