Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There is noise being made about the state tests here in NJ for 4th - 10th graders being offered this year in Spanish.

The whole question is why give a test in Spanish when they should KNOW ENGLISH!

They were talking about it the other day on the radio. Some listeners suggested that the students should be exempt from taking the test for one year. Within that year they should master English skills and then be given the test. If they fail after that, it's their own fault for being too lazy to learn English.

How do you expect to succeed in America without a GOOD, knowledge of English?? There goes our tax dollars on something that makes NO SENSE AGAIN!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK...I went to Germany when I was 15 to visit relatives..My parents did NOT speak German at home.....I was there for 6 weeks....the ONLY way I could communicate with my cousins is if I could speak German....so guess what....I spoke fluent German by the time I came home..... 6 weeks....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is just another blatant example of people who are, most likely, in our country illegally, and freeloading off the taxpayers to give their children a free education....and then having the AUDACITY to DEMAND that we teach their children in Spanish?

Is there no end to their arrogance???
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    These people are really making Americans impatient and even more hardened in their positions regarding illegal immigration.

The fastest way to learn English.....[/

You are making an assumption, and a false one at that. What makes you think then even want to learn English?

Heck ask yourself! If America is adding, “dial 1 for Englishâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Geez. They even take tests in English in China. Latino's can't cut it?

Wednesday, February 6, 2008
    Dragon rising
    -- Biang Chen is an exchange student living in Park Township.

By BIANG CHEN

When my friends and teachers in Black River Public School heard that I got a math score of 800 in the SAT test, they were really amazed: How could I do that? Is that because I am so smart?
    To the contrary, I never consider myself a genius, because I know that a lot of Chinese students can do the same. Why? It is due to our large population and the pressure it forces on us.

In China today, still not everybody has the opportunity to receive a good education. The parents always want their only child to become "dragon," which will bring richness and prestige to the family, so there is so much pressure forced on a single child. I can still remember what my chemistry teacher told us on the first day of my high school: "The competition has started. Keep in mind that you are competing with millions of students in the country. If you lose 0.5 point in the college entrance examination, there may be more than 200 students in Beijing who go ahead of you."

This statement is astonishing, but it is true. We have so much pressure since we entered elementary school. Everyone is struggling day and night for years, just willing to be accepted by Peking or Tsinghua University, the best school in China. It is why some teenagers of 17 can remember 12,000 English words and get a 2,380 in the SAT (please remember that for us, the SAT is taken in a foreign language). That is why when I was taking the high school entrance examination, I needed to rank in the top 24 among approximately 10,000 students to get into the best high school in Beijing.

Of course, it is unbelievable, but pressure does make perfect. It is pressure that stimulates this country to grow fast in the last 20 years; it is pressure that let this country become the third country which launched its own astronauts into space.

What I see in the United States is totally different. Teenagers here are enjoying their lives, and the education is so flexible. In China, we need to self-study everything and the time in class is only used to solve difficult problems. Also, the calculator is not permitted and all the complicated equations are required to be memorized. Here, nobody has to do so, because everything is on the back of the planner

The older generation in the United States has already provided the younger generation a comfortable environment to live and study in. In the past 250 years, the founders of this country have built it as a paradise, so the teenagers don't need to study so hard -- they already live very good lives. For us it is totally different: We know that we stopped 10 years in the Cultural Revolution doing nothing. Now it is our responsibility to enshrine our nation.

Our country was founded only 60 years ago, so there are still many things remain to be improved. We are facing some serious problems, like the environmental problem. But it can be predicted that 20 or 30 years later, when we become the leaders of the country, the result will definitely be dramatic. We are smart enough, and what is more important, we know how to struggle.

"Only those who risk can survive" is deeply rooted in our soul. I believe that in 30 years, we can lead the world for a brighter future.

A dragon from the Orient is rising

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/stories/ ... 6045.shtml
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's obvious that the parents involved in this tussle are not well-educated and are being told by their advocates that they have some kind of "imganary right" to have their children be tested in a language other than English. Remember we are dealing with mostly illegal alien parents from Mexico and Central America where the average years in school for adults is 3.5 to 6.0. These "parents" are being told by their handlers and "bilingual ed" teachers that this is the best way for their kids to learn English. The bilingual ed teachers mostly anchor babies or even Mexican nationals imported to teach in these schools in the Chicago area obviously have an interest in keeping their jobs. They are not going to advocate for instruction by immersion.

These educators don't care about them really learning English...it's all about their own job preservation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123