Patriotism To One's Country
Mike Warner

My name is J. Michael Warner. I am a high school dropout. A combat veteran with the U.S. Army. A former construction company owner. A father and husband. The owner of geneseecrest.blogspot.com I believe that we should secure our borders, illegal aliens should not be given amnesty and the United States should pull out of NAFTA. I am available to speak on the subject of illegal aliens, no amnesty and opposition to NAFTA. I also am available for the picketing of job sites with illegal aliens working at them.

~~~~~

Mike Warner
July 9, 2007
My father tells the story of how his father, my grandfather, a young hell raising veteran of WWII, used to race his motorcycle up and down the streets. At times, being a real show off he would jump up and stand on the seat while cruising at high speeds. A real rebel before Marlin Brando thought of making movies. My grandfather worked hard and played hard. One night while sitting in the local tavern having a few with his friends, my father, a youngster at the time, walked in and confronted my grandfather. "Why are you sitting here drinking when mom is home having a baby" he asked. My grandfather looked down at him, sat his beer down, took my father by the hand and together they walked home. Not long after that my grandfather accepted Jesus as his Lord & Savior and eventually he became a preacher. All my life I knew him as a hardworking auto mechanic, a prankster, a loving grandfather and a preacher of the gospel. On my grandfathers headstone it says "Sergeant Homer Warner, U.S. Army". My grandfather wanted the world to know, in all things that he did, he was also a honorable, loyal, patriotic American.

Both of my grandfathers sons spent time in service to our country. My uncle Bill Warner, was in the Army and retired from the Air Force and my father Mike also was in the Army. I have a step-father Scott Bailey that is a veteran of the Navy and his father was an Army Veteran. My uncles Ronny and Kenny are Marine veterans. I have cousins that were in Desert Storm the same time as I.

As a young man, I was a little on the wild side myself. I was a Combat Engineer in the Army. Combat Engineers are responsible for blowing up obstacles on the battlefield and building obstacles to guide the enemy in the direction we want them. We always trained hard, at times going days with little or no sleep in preparation for combat. When Desert Storm came along, we proved the American fighting man was a force to be reckoned with.

We also played hard. On the weekends I could be found in a favorite watering hole with my friends, tossing down a few, playing pool and generally having a good time. At some point in the night Lee Greenwood's song, God Bless The USA, would be played. In every country I have ever been in, in every bar and at every gathering or party, when God Bless The USA was played, soldiers would all stand in unison and start singing along with the song. Loudly, at times out of key, but there was no mistaking what God we were singing about or what country. No matter what our differences, ethnicity or rivalries may be, we are patriots and we love our country.

Soldiers come from many ethnic backgrounds, but we all speak the same language and salute the same flag, we accept no foreign allegiances. Should we expect any less from those who seek to reside within the country that we love and serve?

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articl ... leID=31575