Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    About the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute

Founded in 2003, the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI) is a 501(c)3 non-profit and non-partisan organization dedicated to fostering a broader awareness of the diversity of thought, heritage, interests and views of Americans of Hispanic and Portuguese descent. CHLI was founded under the leadership of members of Congress who have come together to offer an alternative voice for our nation's second largest demographic group.

By providing charitable and educational assistance to Americans of Hispanic and Portuguese descent, CHLI seeks to advance the diversity of social and cultural thought among our growing community, and offer a vision of the American Dream that focuses upon self-reliance, education, entrepreneurship and family values.

Furthermore, CHLIengages in nonpartisan analysis, study and research and makes these results available to the public. In this regard, CHLI focuses upon the demographics of the American Hispanic and Portuguese communities with respect to achieving improvements in education, housing, business ownership, and employment.

Our Mission
    To conduct nonpartisan analysis, study and research matters relating to the exercise of the rights of Americans of Hispanic and Portuguese descent and making the results available to the general public or to governmental bodies, officials or employees. Engage in educational and training activities designed to encourage and advance the exercise of rights of Americans of Hispanic and Portuguese descent and other minority groups. Gather, compile and disseminate statistical information relating to Americans of Hispanic and Portuguese descent. Promote the employment by Federal, state and local governmental agencies of Americans of Hispanic and Portuguese descent. Promote the employment and leadership of Americans of Hispanic and Portuguese descent at all levels in Corporate America (Private Sector) and those sensitive to the concerns and needs of our communities.

Everywhere you look there is a non-profit group for some ethnic group. So if you are simply an American you are S.O.L.
    Correct. If you're just an American, you are Totally SOL. If we pass the FairTax, which repeals the federal income tax, then contributions to tax-exempt entities, will no longer be deductible because there is no longer an income tax to deduct anything from. This will dry up and shut down most of these phony fraudulent 501 C 3 organizations.

Every year, $1.3 Trillion of our economy is diverted into these 501 C 3 "not-for-profits". That's almost 10% of the entire US GDP. They employ 15 million people, which is 10% of our entire US work force,and they own $2 Trillion worth of tax-exempt assets.

This is outrageous considering that this is almost twice what the entire federal government spends on entitlements for people under the age of 65 and more than twice what all levels of government spend on education K-12.

Under the FairTax, this $1.3 Trillion will be redirected back into the US economy where it should be and that feature of the FairTax alone could fund both all education and all entitlements reducing government annual expenditures by $1.3 Trillion a year plus get these entities and the people behind them out of our political system.

www.fairtax.org
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy--

Thank you. I am so bloody tired of the members of our Congress openly joining and supporting groups that are, in spite off their stated intent, nothing but racist, prejudiced groups. Let us get for our kindred ethnics all we can and to hell with American liberties.

I am now opposed to Hispanics. They show me nothing but loyalty to their ethnicity and devil take the hindmost. I am sorry to lump the good Americans of Hispanic origin in with the bad, but the bad are overpowering our country.
    This is America you traitorous scum. No elected official should be allowed to belong to a racial, religious or ethnic caucus group. It is divisive to America. It says we are here to elevate our people --but--at the expense of the others.

Please write your Senators and Congressmen. End caucuses of this type. They further divide America.

The Great Divide is no longer a geographical issue.

judy part 2

It is an arguable point, but in spite of the fact that I believe the Fair tax to be the best solution for America (I also like the flat tax as an alternative, but second to the Fair Tax), there is a major exposure in the Fair Tax.

The exposure is, that now the pro-illegal immigration folks will point out that the illegals are paying tax and should be allowed to have amnesty.

None of the valid measurements by FairUS, Heritage, etc will stand. They will fall into the great crack of American ignorance just as the Obamacare has. It will be contended that they pay their way and should be allowed to stay.

Americans without jobs will have no chance to reclaim jobs since the employers will be off the hook. They will still be able to pay below standard wages. Wages that an American family cannot support themselves on unless they too, are willing to live 4 families to a house, etc. And claim that all is OK since all are paying taxes.

There are, indeed, a few jobs that Americans would not like to do, but if the pay is high enough, we will find an American for every job.

I may be all wet. It will not be the first time for that, but that is how I see it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12