Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Perdue: Secure Border, Reduce Overall Immigration

Video at source link.
    ~~~

on Breitbart TV 31 Oct 2014

David Perdue, Republican candidate for the US Senate in Georgia, argued against the “Gang of Eight” Senate bill and urged increased border security in an interview on Friday’s “Laura Ingraham Show.”

Perdue argued that his opponent, Democrat Michelle Nunn “has said she wants to broaden Obamacare…she also says she supports the Senate bill, the Gang of Eight bill for amnesty, which I have opposed over the last year and a half.”

He added, “she hasn’t said anything strong about securing the border... The border is not just an immigration issue, it's a national security issue. And bringing in a million and a half legal immigrants is about five times the average over the last hundred years we had about 580,00 during the 1880 to 1920 immigration influx, but that’s just not acceptable. It puts in jeopardy the real workers here in Georgia, and that’s what I’m working so hard to do is to be the champion for them. Barack Obama wants Michelle Nunn to come to Washington to fight for him, I want to go to Washington to fight for the people of Georgia.”

Perdue also highlighted the problem of visa overstays and laid out his solution, stating "I'm not a politician. I'm a business guy. I got in here because we have got a full blown crisis and I think I can help make a difference in the Senate...I’ve stood up last year against the Chamber of Commerce when they put $3 million into the primary against me because I stood up against their position on immigration. I believe we've got a huge crisis with immigration, but we’ve got to break this into its components secure the border first and then start dealing with the different components of the legal immigration problem as well as the illegal immigration problem. 40% of the people here illegally came in on a visa legally, they just overstayed their visa.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...ll-Immigration
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I believe we've got a huge crisis with immigration, but we’ve got to break this into its components secure the border first and then start dealing with the different components of the legal immigration problem as well as the illegal immigration problem. 40% of the people here illegally came in on a visa legally, they just overstayed their visa.”
    IMO the border is too long to be completely sealed.

Most illegals sneak in to the United States, because they believe that they can get work. So if we want to effectively seal the border, we'll have to eliminate the jobs lure. Universal E-Verify is the single most powerful tool for sealing the border, and it can be inauguarated and operated for pennies on the enforcement dollar.

From the Senate's immigration bill:

What is E-Verify?

E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States by comparing information from an employee’s Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 to data from U.S. government records. Because the system is not currently mandatory, only around 7 percent of employers in the U.S. are currently enrolled in E-Verify.

What are the main changes to E-Verify in the bill?

Under S. 744, E-Verify will be expanded and made mandatory for all employers over a period of five years. The bill requires identity verification through the use of enhanced fraud-proof documents, such as tamper- and identity-theft resistant Social Security cards, and the use of a photo tool to allow employers to verify an individual’s identity.

Check this URL for more details:

tp://www.immigrationpolicy.org/special-reports/guide-s744-understanding-2013-senate-immigration-bill
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade