Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pet Food Poisoning Done in Retaliation of Busts In Country?

could this rat poison have been brought in from Mexico? A Latino woman told me their dog was poisoned w/rat poison in Albuquerque by a neighbor, they retaliated by dumping rat poison into the neighbor's water tank and killed horses and all their small animals. 1,000 workers walked out after 21 were arrested at pork producer Smithfield in NC. I refuse to buy any processed food for myself, knowing some bent on retaliation could make alot of people or animals sick or dead.

I think we have enough home grown nutcases without blaming Mexicans for everything.I am against illegal aliens, but do see any connection (yet?) as far as the rat poison issue goes people are angry and upset, we love our pets lets hope they find the culprit.

lobostransportation Welcome to ALIPAC
    do you work at UNM??
    GO LOBOs
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

lobostransportation,

I heard Michael Savage say that it came from China.
    I haven't seen an article yet and that's just what I heard.

I don't know why in the heck the US is allowing any wheat to be imported. Dang, we can grow enough of our own.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The problem was with China. Let's just hope they do not slip something into human products that kills us all in 5 years of time.

While this problem illustrates a big problem with Globalism, it does not have any evidence of being associated with Mexico or illegal immigration.

That being said, racist comedian George Lopez thinks that it is funny that illegal aliens will poison the human food supply for Americans in his HBO special.

W

April
    lobostransportation,

I heard Michael Savage say that it came from China.
    I haven't seen an article yet and that's just what I heard.

I don't know why in the heck the US is allowing any wheat to be imported. Dang, we can grow enough of our own.

Dixie
    I am sure it is because they think it can be grown cheaper over there. By this globalist practice we are opening ourselves up to all kinds of possible terrorist activity through poisoning and other avenues of terrorism. Lets not forget GM,Ford, and other American coporations who are having their products manufactured in Mexico than exported to US. This has not stop! It is INSANITY!

What worries me is why is wheat imported from China?
    They use dog fur to make clothes...why would they care
    about rat poison in wheat.

And why, why , why does this country NOT grow it's
    OWN food.

We are being sold right down the drain to every greedy
    corporation and other countries. The people of this
    country are soon going to be drained of money because
    our taxes are used to support every third world country on
    the planet. We have been used as a cash cow for everyone
    including our own government who is uncontrollable. And now
    every illegal in this country is trying to sue us for not giving them
    more.
    And everyday it gets worse........

I think this recent poisoning was just the one that got publicity or got the dots connected. A friend lost two yorkies last year from kidney failure. They both got very sick in the fall of 2005. We questioned the vet about the coincidence especially with one dog being much younger, but he had no answer. The vet was able to pull them through. They went on for a number of months, and finally died of toally failed kidneys.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are some bad apples, I am not blaming all Mexicans

what was that town in PA? their crime increased due to Illegals? http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/te ... ctims.html

I lost 2 Labradors to Diamond Brand dog food in May 2006

but that was corn mold or aflatoxin.

Posted: Friday, 30 March 2007 11:07AM

Testing reveals chemical in recalled pet food

Washington (AP) -- Recalled pet foods contained a chemical used to make plastics, but government tests failed to confirm the presence of rat poison, federal officials said Friday.

The Food and Drug Administration said it found melamine in samples of the Menu Foods pet food, as well as in wheat gluten used as an ingredient. Cornell University scientists also have found the chemical, also used as a fertilizer, in the urine of sick cats, as well as in the kidney of one cat that died after eating the company's wet food.

Menu Foods recalled 60 million containers of cat and dog food earlier this month after animals died of kidney failure after eating the Canadian company's products. It is not clear how many pets may have been poisoned by the apparently contaminated food, although anecdotal reports suggest hundreds if not thousands have died. The FDA alone has received more than 8,000 complaints.

The new finding comes a week after scientists at the New York State Food Laboratory identified a rat poison and cancer drug called aminopterin as the likely culprit. The FDA said it could not confirm that finding.

New York officials have detected melamine as well, though it's not clear how that chemical would have poisoned pets. It's typically used to produce plastic kitchen wares, though it's apparently used as a fertilizer in Asia, said Stephen F. Sundlof, director of the FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine.

The recall involved nearly 100 brands of "cuts and gravy" style dog and cat food made by Menu Foods. The recall covered products carrying names of major brand-name and private-label products sold throughout North America.

The apparently melamine-contaminated wheat gluten also was shipped to an unnamed company that manufactures dry pet food. The FDA is attempting to determine if that product, imported from China, was used to make any pet food, Sundlof said.

Menu Foods used wheat gluten, a source of vegetable protein, to thicken the gravy of its pet foods, FDA officials have said.

http://wbz.com/pages/328854.php?content ... tId=392889