Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Spanish that is spoken by people of Puerto Rico, Spain, and the Cubans that came to the U.S. in the 60's is different from the language used by the ILLEGALS who cross our National Borders every day. I think that is why people who move to Texas with Spanish language skills have a problem communicating with “ourâ€

This place needs to have all public funding ended immediately.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Every language has a way of changing and evolving over years. With American English, the Dictionary of American Slang probably needs to be updated every day, if not every five minutes!
    I just wish that American parents had the time and education to home school their kids. We need some serious policy change here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Funny how bi-lingualism has changed to mean "must speak Spanish". We have them even in day cares......what a more perfect time to teach them ENGLISH! But no.......it's not bilingualism.....it's just a sly cover for must speak Spanish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We learn of Mexican-American history but what about AMERICAN history? African-American history, but what about AMERICAN history? Even the education system has become devisive and a tool to segregate our children in to different classes and to emphasis the differences without the understanding and comprehension of even though our families come from different places we are Americans. To wave the flag and be a patriot has started to have a negative connoation tied to it and it feels as if those who oppse the USA have more of a voice and right to express it than us true americans.

We had a recent article in the paper where a town had really gone wild with growth. Hispanic naturally. So now they have to find "people of their own kind as role models" and we have too many white teachers. The teachers must represent the "demographics" of the town. Forget the vast majority are illegal with a 2nd grade education. The growth has only been over the past 3 years. Forget the fact it's not anyones fault any legal hispanics didn't choose teaching as a career to compensate for this wave of illegals and the Mexican "baby boom".

So now it's not only "must speak Spanish".....now it's "demographics" of a community. Of course it's not diverse if it's majority white. And if you are white and a minority....well, sorry you loose here because the majority say they want their own kind. Tell me how this works.

Is this "Head Start" school even attempting to teach these kids English, so that they are ready for Kindergarten? This school needs to be shut down! There are so many American kids on waitlists for Head Start, it's scary. My son was never able to get into one and he truly needed it, being developementally delayed.
    "

Is this "Head Start" school even attempting to teach these kids English, so that they are ready for Kindergarten? This school needs to be shut down! There are so many American kids on waitlists for Head Start, it's scary. My son was never able to get into one and he truly needed it, being developementally delayed.
    Same when mine were young. It was reserved for minorities only, as it was, and the waiting list was unreal. There were no "white" kids in head start where I lived......even though they were supposed to go on income.

My children were required, in English, to know their ABC's, their address and phone number, count to ten and know their colors.....know where their parents worked and that phone number as well......and be able to print them out on paper.

Now I lived on Massachusettes Ave. Both my girls have long girl names....old time but traditional. They refused to be called by nicknames......and insisted on their full name....and they did it.

Their first teacher was named Tritchuse....(Ms.) I couldn't quite get it, yet they were expected to in kindergarten. Then their next teacher was a big long name that started with a K.......and trust me....the best linguists would struggle with it. She settled for Ms K. Seriously they may as well asked a first grader to spell antidisestablishmentarianism. Pronounce and spell it correctly.

My youngest daughter was held back.....not because she couldn't do these things.....it was because she was real tiny and needed help opening a thermous in the lunchroom. They couldn't be bothered assisting students who weren't self sufficient. Now tell me.......how much time and effort does it take away from other students or effort to open a thermous vs a bunch of kids who can't speak a word of English and know nothing.

This publicly funded pre-school is clearly discriminating and favoring one ethnic group over another....I'm sure the kids from Guatemala, Honduras and even El Salvador aren't too keen on standing up and learning the Mexican National Anthem and the Mexican Pledge of Allegiance. This is absurd....call the PHSA and let them know to stop wasting our tax dollars on this Mexican Head Start pre-school in South Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina

Yep, I am considered "hispanic" but guess what if you don't speak their language you are not one of them you are considered worse than being white and you get nothing! That's why I've always said it should not only go based on income but parents need to provide roof of residency and you also need to provide a ssn for not only the parents but kids. When I actually got my daughter in to pre school I had to get a tb test! So if they can require a tb test why then not a VALID ssn? It's not like there won't be kids who will attend the school and they will have a shortage, they'll just be US citizens attending and not IA or border crossers for those states who unfortunately border Mexico.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12