Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Phoenix hospital birth center to be shut down despite nurse

Phoenix hospital birth center to be shut down despite nurse protests

Posted: 12/02/2010
    Last Updated: 20 minutes ago
    By: ABC15.com staff, wire reports
    By: Saman Golestan, ABC15.com

PHOENIX - The birthing center at John C. Lincoln Hospital in north Phoenix will be shut down in two months, according to a decision from the hospital's health network board of directors.

Nurses lined up outside the Valley hospital to protest the shut down, which was reviewed at a board meeting Thursday.

The birthing center has averaged a $1 million operational loss over the last few years, according to a statement from the board of directors.

The statement said the majority of the patients at the birthing center are on AHCCCS, and due to continuing cuts to AHCCCS, the birthing center will have an estimated operating loss of $2.2 million this fiscal year.

The release also states that there are six other large birthing centers nearby which have the capacity to absorb the 1,350 patients the center sees every year.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ph ... rth-center
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)

Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) Administration - Arizona's Medicaid Agency.

www.azahcccs.gov/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No mention of the ILLEGAL AILIENS Anchor mamas who are shutting this down.

I'm going to guess that these nurses never considered that free birthing for IAs was something to protest about. Yet now that they stand to lose their jobs they decide to protest.

Here I sit, a skilled construction worker, out of work for over a year while all over NYC IAs are doing the work I'm told I don't want to do!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good point Ratbastard. Yes the medical personnel have frequently said it isnt their job to be immigration officers, but this is how it turns out because of that stance.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Be interesting to see how many of the protesting nurses are LEGAL Hispanics. We are not just fighting illegal aliens giving illegal births in this country, we are fighting a large number of LEGAL Hispanics supporting illegals. They house them, feed them and hire them.

my friend In PA had the same thing happen close the Hospital why the Illegal immigrant that will be the 2 hospital so far see they want every thing free No way I was in nyc the other day . it was so sad all i see was illegal immigrant working in the stores Not one white person it was so sad . & they said they have right I don't think so \ No Amnesty no Dream Act Now you know whyThe USA has no money the gov is hand it over to the Illegal Immigrant that why
    so no Amnesty no Dream act
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)