Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Police charge man in assault, kidnapping of woman

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/stor ... =menu374_1

Woman Still Shaken After Kidnapping

Sep 27, 2006 08:50 AM PDT

Gallatin police officers made quick work of a kidnapping in Sumner County.

Just days after her ex-boyfriend beat and kidnapped her, Brenda McCool said she is still in shock that the man she dated for two years is now a man she fears.

Gallatin police said Marco Antonio Raudales broke into McCool's home on Sunday morning, outraged to see another man there.

"I was scared, I was really scared," McCool said.

Police said Raudales broke off the bed posts and beat the other man before threatening McCool with a knife.

Raudales kidnapped McCool and took her to an Economy Inn in Goodlettsville.

"I didn't resist ‘cause I didn't want a knife in me," she said.

Meanwhile, police responded to her Gallatin home where the door was wide open. Although McCool was gone, an officer found her cell phone and called some pre-programmed numbers.

McCool answered when the officer called the number belonging to Raudales.

Through a series of questions and code words, police figured out exactly where she was. When she knew they were in the parking lot, she told Raudales who she was talking to and that the police were ready to get him. Officers arrested him as soon as he ran out.

Police credit McCool's calmness for the good outcome. McCool said her response was due to shock and survival.

"I was shaking like a leaf but I know I had to do this in order to survive," she said.

Raudales now faces several charges. Police did not release details because it appears that Raudales is in the United States illegally.

Raudales, who is in the Sumner County Jail, did not have an attorney by Tuesday evening and did not speak with media.

No one was hurt during the arrest.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 006/NEWS01

Wednesday, 09/27/06

Midstate briefs: Police charge man in assault, kidnapping

GALLATIN

An ex-boyfriend is accused of assaulting a Gallatin woman at her Cromwell Court home Sunday and holding her hostage at a Goodlettsville hotel.

Marco Antonio Raudales, 39, who police said is in the United States illegally, was arrested and charged with three felonies: especially aggravated kidnapping, aggravated domestic assault and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Raudales was taken to the county jail, where he was held in lieu of $60,000 bail.

Responding to a call from a man who said he had just fought with Raudales at the alleged victim's home, police went there and saw obvious signs of a struggle.

Gallatin police officers found the woman's cell phone and called numbers programmed into it, eventually reaching her on a number belonging to Raudales.

She answered the phone, police said.

Through a series of carefully worded questions, officers learned she was in a room at the Economy Inn in Goodlettsville. The woman stated that Raudales had kidnapped her.

Officers notified the Goodlettsville Police Department, whose officers found the woman and arrested Raudales. She told police Raudales threatened to kill her and waved a meat cleaver at her, police said.

Raudales is to stand trial at 9 a.m. Oct. 4 in General Sessions.

— BRANDON PUTTBRESE, THE (GALLATIN) NEWS EXAMINER

BURNS
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn