Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police discover a new way to track down illegal immigrants:

Actual Fark Headline;

Police discover a new way to track down illegal immigrants: follow their pet turkeys home

Friday, May 15, 2009

Lawless bird could get owner deported

By Josh Green
    Staff Writer

Friday, May 15, 2009

Orsi Arreaga
    LAWRENCEVILLE - An extroverted turkey known to peruse a Lawrenceville neighborhood helped point police to a Guatemalan national who's ducked the feds for years, authorities said.

Two Gwinnett police officers on patrol Wednesday near Mephisto Circle encountered the large tom turkey strolling down the road. A neighbor, claiming the bird and his female mate routinely roam the neighborhood, pointed the officers to the home of Orsi Ellises Arreaga, 32.

Arreaga claimed the birds and showed the officers 15 freshly laid eggs in a backyard cage, according to a police report.

"(Arreaga) stated that he knew the turkeys were illegal," one officer wrote, "but he didn't know what else to do with them, other than eat them."

The birds violated a county ordinance that restricts raising and keeping livestock in single-family, residential districts on lots fewer than three acres. The only exceptions are purebred Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs and rabbits, the ordinance states.

Police noted other alleged ordinance violations while on Arreaga's property - large debris piles and multiple parked, unlicensed vehicles. He reportedly told police the cars were to be shipped back to his native Guatemala.

Arreaga provided the police with a Georgia ID card, which one officer ran through state and federal databases "as a matter of procedure," the report says.

Records showed Arreaga was wanted by immigration and customs enforcement officials for missing a deportation hearing in 2004, which an ICE agent later confirmed, the report says.

Arreaga was transported to the Gwinnett County Jail, where he's being held for ICE officials. He was also ticketed for livestock and excessive trash violations, the report says.

Police contacted officials with the Yellow River Game Ranch, a Lilburn animal preserve, to take possession of the turkeys and their eggs.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/pri...ticleID=59791&

Fark Comment Section;

http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4389637

LMAO! I've got a neighbor who just brought chickens into his yard, this is a family neighborhood ( or used to be before the illegals took over). Think I'll contact MY LE and see what can be done. I would love to see what one GOOD bust would do, I think they would clear out over night.

I couldnt resist. Added to home PAge
    http://www.alipac.us/article4222.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

nomas wrote: "I've got a neighbor who just brought chickens into his yard, this is a family neighborhood ( or used to be before the illegals took over). Think I'll contact MY LE and see what can be done. I would love to see what one GOOD bust would do, I think they would clear out over night."

What you do is contact the city and see how your neighborhood is zoned and if livestock and animals can be kept in your neighborhood, if not, you file a complaint with the city and the inspectors come out to investigate and will escalate to the city police...

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I couldnt resist. Added to home PAge
    http://www.alipac.us/article4222.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

He is not being deported "because of his lawless bird." He is being deported because he is an illegal alien that is a fugitive. Having purposely evaded arrest after being ordered removed by a federal judge. Let me add nothing wrong with keeping chickens or other livestock as long as you live on a farm or in a rural envirorment. It is a problem when you live in a city or other area where the animals impose on others lifestyle. Yes, I live in the country and keep my own livestock (10 chickens, 1 goat)
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

Damns...wonder what will happen to the turkeys?? A little aways from Thanksgiving.

Maybe a 4th of July BBQ roast !! BBQ"D turkeys take a bit of time, but they dang good tasting.

nomas, are you sure they are chickens? They could be roosters destined for cockfighting, which was very popular among Hispanics that couldn't speak English.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)