Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Policeman was slain after gun jammed

I hope they fry Benito Albarran! Talk about a cold, evil individual!

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/ ... xml&coll=1

Policeman was slain after gun jammed
    Thursday, October 27, 2005
    By DAVID HOLDEN
    Times Staff Writer dholden@htimes.com

Witness accounts detailed at hearing in Daniel Golden death

Witnesses said Huntsville police officer Daniel Golden was shot to death after his pistol apparently jammed in a gun battle with Benito Albarran on Aug. 29 in front of a Mexican restaurant on Jordan Lane, a Huntsville police detective told a judge Wednesday.
    Investigator Charlie Gray described witnesses' accounts of the slaying this way:
    When the shooting began, Golden was walking backward and returning Albarran's fire. Then Golden raised his hands in the air in front of him and seemed to be pleading for a halt to the gunfire before he fell on his back and lost his pistol.
    Albarran then stood over Golden and fired two shots into his face.
    Albarran, 31, is charged with capital murder for allegedly shooting a police officer who was on duty. If convicted, Albarran would face life in prison without parole or execution by lethal injection.
    Golden, 27, was answering a domestic violence call made to the 911 center by Albarran's wife, Laura, shortly before 3:30 p.m., Gray said. When Golden arrived at Jalisco, a Mexican grocery and restaurant at 2648 Jordan, Albarran came out the front door and started shooting, witnesses told investigators.
    Albarran, an illegal alien, followed Gray's testimony during his preliminary hearing Wednesday through an interpreter. Albarran listened attentively with a pleasant smile.
    When he was questioned by police on Aug. 29, Albarran denied knowing anything about the shooting, Gray said. He told investigators he was in back of the restaurant mowing grass when he heard the shots.
    After listening to the testimony during Albarran's preliminary hearing, District Judge Susan Moquin referred the case to a grand jury for more investigation.
    Eight of 14 witnesses police interviewed said they saw some portion of the shooting, Gray said, and all eight identified Albarran as Golden's killer.
    After Golden was shot, Albarran bummed a cigarette and a light from a bystander, leaned against a car and smoked until other officers arrived, Gray said. Albarran was arrested about 4 p.m.
    Golden's Beretta 9mm semiautomatic pistol was still loaded with nine of its original 15 rounds when investigators found it, Gray said, and one bullet had not fed properly into the firing chamber.
    Police also found two revolvers, a six-shot, .38-caliber Smith & Wesson and a five-shot, .38-caliber Rossi on the ground. Police traced the revolvers and they apparently were stolen.
    An autopsy report prepared by a state medical examiner concluded that Golden died from several gunshot wounds. He was wounded in the lower abdomen and twice in the head.
    One of the facial wounds had powder burns indicating the shot was fired at close range, Gray said.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Beretta brick. I dislike that junk. seen to many malfuction on the range with them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I replaced my Smith and Wesson 9mm last year with a new one of the same manufacture. The old one had similar loading problems. After experiencing this several times, I cleaned the christbejeezus out of it. It had a short term improvement, but soon the same problem. I dismantled it; micrometered everything. There was some wear, but not extreme enough to cause that. I then dismantled the clip itself. Nothing. So I replaced the clip. The new one had no real change in performance either. So one day after the jamming happened again, I micrometered the ammo. Bingo!
    The 9mm projectiles were working out of the casing, making the rounds longer. This was apparently happening to the round that was the next one in succession to be loaded as it sat in position in the clip. I think the constant body movement and a foam internal holster I wear was contributing to that.
    The new 9mm is stainless, and a little more forgiving of that problem, but it is still happening. Now I change the offending round once a week.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

I don’t know much about handguns, but I certainly hope that our law enforcement is provided with better protection.

The thing that angers me most is if this guy wasn’t in our country illegally, this would have been avoided.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I don’t know much about handguns, but I certainly hope that our law enforcement is provided with better protection.

The thing that angers me most is if this guy wasn’t in our country illegally, this would have been avoided.
    lot of NC LOE's have to (dept issue) carry Beretta bricks on duty some guys like them. After going to the Beretta armor school and seeing all the moving parts (compared to a Glock) I can see why they have problems.
    We just did several days of yearly qualifications. we are stuck with BB right now (not for long thanks to the new boss) I saw at least 5 stopages and two of the same type as the officer in Hunstville.

Give me SW a colt 1911 or a Glock and I'm a happy guy on the street.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola
    I replaced my Smith and Wesson 9mm last year with a new one of the same manufacture. The old one had similar loading problems. After experiencing this several times, I cleaned the christbejeezus out of it. It had a short term improvement, but soon the same problem. I dismantled it; micrometered everything. There was some wear, but not extreme enough to cause that. I then dismantled the clip itself. Nothing. So I replaced the clip. The new one had no real change in performance either. So one day after the jamming happened again, I micrometered the ammo. Bingo!
    The 9mm projectiles were working out of the casing, making the rounds longer. This was apparently happening to the round that was the next one in succession to be loaded as it sat in position in the clip. I think the constant body movement and a foam internal holster I wear was contributing to that.
    The new 9mm is stainless, and a little more forgiving of that problem, but it is still happening. Now I change the offending round once a week.
    Have a SW 6906 in SS(Had this one for about 6 years) for personnal use. fire about 50 rounds per month with it and have no problems of any type.

Guess this is kind of off topic but does pretain to officers dying at the hands of illegals and Oct 30th is coming soon.(MS13)

I have

a small beretta (only holds 5 bullets I think). It is certainly not a great target practice gun. It has jammed on my numerous times. It seems that there is one type of ammo that does well in it and others not so great. I think I will look into trading it on something more reliable and with more stopping power. What is a good one for a woman that is not to heavy and not to bad on recoil?
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Re: I have

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    a small beretta (only holds 5 bullets I think). It is certainly not a great target practice gun. It has jammed on my numerous times. It seems that there is one type of ammo that does well in it and others not so great. I think I will look into trading it on something more reliable and with more stopping power. What is a good one for a woman that is not to heavy and not to bad on recoil?
    Just sent you a PM. Hope it helps

Berettas in general have a history of being jammers, 9mm are not a man stopper in the first place. Colt and Glock would be a much better choice in the first place.

That would have been such a horrible feeling being in the place of that slain Officer.

It really makes my skin crawl to just think of it.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME