Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Politicians.. normally I would Laugh.. but..

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/fash ... 18.article

Short, fat people may get rights
    MASSACHUSETTS | Would law stop bias -- or business?

May 18, 2007
    BY KEN MAGUIRE
    BOSTON -- Ellen Frankel stands just 4-foot-8 inches tall, a size that allowed larger co-workers to playfully scoop her up at the office and make remarks about her height. Some even patted her on the head.
    Lawmakers are considering complaints such as hers as they review a bill that would make Massachusetts just the second state to bar discrimination based on height or weight.

''People in authority will very easily make comments about height that they wouldn't make about race or gender,'' said Frankel, a Marblehead author.

Jeanne Toombs understands the frustration. She says overweight people routinely are discriminated against because of their size.

''It's not fair. No matter what you think of fat people, they deserve to be treated like human beings,'' said Toombs, 59, a piano teacher who weighs 300 pounds.

But Republican analyst Todd Domke is concerned that lawmakers will scare off businesses if they expand protection to include short and overweight workers.

''We might as well add colorblind, left-handed, allergic-to-cashews, and get it over with,'' Domke said.

AP
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

WELL i'M SURE THESE LAW MAKERS HAVE NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT TO DO, i'M SURE MASS, HAS NO PRESSING PROBLEMS, WORRY ABOUT OVER WEIGHT PEOPLE AND LET ILLEGALS TAKE OVER YOUR STATE WHILE YOUR SCREWING AROUND WITH CRAP LIKE THIS!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)