Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Poll: Immigrants say they're a boon to the economy

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... HTO9R7.DTL

Poll: Immigrants say they're a boon to the economy
    - Vanessa Hua, Chronicle Staff Writer
    Tuesday, March 28, 2006

(03-28) 15:05 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- Most legal immigrants in the United States do not resent undocumented workers and believe they help the economy by providing low-cost labor, adding a new dimension to the roaring national debate over immigration reform, a national poll released today indicates.

A majority of poll respondents said racism and misinformation are fueling anti-immigrant sentiment in the U.S. About three-quarters of Latinos, 59 percent of Asians and 49 percent of Africans and Europeans said anti-immigrant feelings are growing.

Most of those polled support offering illegal immigrants temporary work permits and then allowing them to apply for green cards if they pay a fine, learn English and wait for six years, as proposed in legislation being debated today in the Senate.

Some politicians have pitted legal permanent residents and other legal immigrants against illegal immigrants on the theory that legal immigrants would be offended if the nation's estimated 12 million illegal immigrants were granted a quick and easy path to legal status.

But pollster Sergio Bendixen, who was commissioned by New American Media, a San Francisco ethnic media coalition, to sample opinions of the country's 26 million legal immigrants, said reality is more complex.

"This poll says that point of view is incorrect," Bendixen said. Legal immigrants, he said, "have no animosity against the undocumented."

The poll arrives against a tumultuous backdrop: More than a million people across the country have protested immigration reform legislation this month. The Senate is debating broad immigration reforms, including creating new temporary worker permits and new routes to legal permanent residency, while Congress passed a bill to build a fence along 700 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border and make it a felony to be in the United States illegally.

Bendixen & Associates interviewed 800 randomly selected legal immigrants from 47 countries in nine different languages from Feb. 24 to March 21. About 60 percent of those polled are U.S. citizens and 75 percent are registered voters. About 55 percent of respondents were born in Latin America, 30 percent in Asia, and the remainder in Africa and Europe.

The poll's margin of error was 3.4 percentage points overall with higher rates for distinctions among different racial and ethnic groups. The margin of error for Latinos' opinions was 5.5 percentage points; for Asians, Africans and Europeans, it was 6 percentage points.

E-mail Vanessa Hua at vahua@sfchronicle.com.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I checked out the link and don't see a poll to vote in so it must have already been closed. These illegal aliens think they are a boon to the USA economy??? They need to get a life!!! They are not a boon - they are destroying America and America's middle, lower middle and poor classes all thanks to American congress critters as well as certain foreign leaders such as Vicente (aka Vinny) Fox.

Stay in your home countries and demand your leaders share some of the wealth they hog from not only you but with your families. I know, I know it takes courage to demand justice from leaders who should be taking care of you. Still American citizens owe you ziltch. If you want a more explicit word or phrase then, GET A LIFE and demand a better life in your own country instead of sneaking across the borders of another country and breaking its' laws. Keep your pants and skirts on if you cannot afford to raise the offspring you create without using welfare, and especially the welfare of a foreign country that you and your ancestors contributed ziltch toward in terms of money and efforts that made it a great country in the first place.

I believe in the course of history that North and South America started out on the same grounds. North made prosperous nations and Central and South America including Mexico made corrupt and poverty-stricken ones. Your rights stop where my legal rights began as a USA citizen at my birth a long time ago.

So, there .......
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Yeah, who needs those 84 hospitals in CA that were bankrupted and closed due to treating illegals? And who needs the tens of thousands of jail cells that are now filled with illegal alien felon thugs and heinous criminals? Who cares if our schools are ruined and our own children can't get a decent education due to the millions upon millions of illegals and anchor children who don't know a word of English demanding bilingual education.

And boy, our economy really benefits from the work done by the tens of thousands of anchor babies that are born every month to illegals, all at taxpayer expense. And what a benefit it is to our economy to have millions of illegals who work under the table, not paying income taxes and at the same time using every possible public service, like welfare and food stamps, WIC/AFDC, Section 8 housing subsidies, Medi-caid, MediCal, and demanding free and in-state tuition fees for their illegal alien kids.

What a huge benefit it is for Americans to get T-boned and smashed head-on by illegal alien drunk drivers, who Hit & Run, away on foot if need be, because they have no car registration, driver's licenses or any insurance.

Gee what wonderful benefits we get from illegals, good thing Bush and his buddies in the Senate want millions more to come here every year. Maybe we can have another 100 more hospitals closed within the next few years, wouldn't that be great?
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

boon

A boon doggle I say.