Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Can anyone locate more details on the Quinnipiac poll?

W
    I ran across it somewhere today. I believe the poll questioned immigrants, 1st, 2nd & 3rd generations. I'll see if I can find it again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld ... news-print

Nation
    Poll: Voters tough on immigration

BY BART JONES
    STAFF WRITER

March 4, 2006

With debate over immigration heating up in Washington, a Quinnipiac University poll released Friday found that 83 percent of immigrants or their children and grandchildren believe illegal immigration is a "very serious" or "somewhat serious" problem.

The poll also found that 88 percent of all poll respondents share the same opinion. And it said that by 72 percent to 25 percent, U.S. voters oppose giving undocumented immigrants driver's licenses.

"This poll reflects local concerns about immigrants gathering on street corners, waiting for jobs, or packed into illegal housing and the like," said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute. "Red state, blue state, and purple state voters agree: Illegal immigration is a serious problem."

The poll, conducted Feb. 21 to 28, surveyed 1,892 registered voters nationwide. The survey had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.3 percentage points.

The poll found that 39 percent of voters want to reduce the current level of legal immigration, 24 percent want to increase it, and 33 percent want to maintain it. The poll also found that:

By 62 percent to 32 percent, voters oppose making it easier for undocumented immigrants to become citizens.

By 84 percent to 14 percent, they favor requiring proof of legal residency to obtain government benefits.

Some 50 percent approve of the automatic U.S. citizenship granted to children of undocumented immigrants born in the United States, with 42 percent in favor of eliminating it.

"You'd think people would be sympathetic to them because, let's face it, they're here for the same reasons everyone else is here: Because they can improve their lives," Carroll said. "Yet the Quinnipiac poll shows very little sympathy for these illegal immigrants."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is GREAT news! Our efforts are working and those thousands of people seeing the material on this site an others is pushing these numbers up!

Added to the homepage and going out to our national list today!

http://www.alipac.us/article-1086-thread-1-0.html

W

Has anyone but me notices that we have taken this same poll from several different tv stations all over the country now?

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Has anyone but me notices that we have taken this same poll from several different tv stations all over the country now?
    Yep, saw that yesterday morning while on another web site that was running the same poll but it was out of Colorado I believe. It's a net work poll.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12