Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poll of Republican Congressional Donors

2005 Impact of Illegal Immigration Results

Please find the results below of the NRCC's most recent survey. The answers are from our great supporters. The answers will help the NRCC to recommend importantn discussion points for the Republican Congressional agenda.

Â*2005 Immigration Survey
    The following questions were given. The results of each answer are listed below the question.

1. Are you concerned with current illegal immigration levels - today there are an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States, with as many as 500,000 arriving each year?
    Yes - 94.9% No - 4.7% Undecided/No opinion - 0.9% Â*

2. Do you believe uncontrolled illegal immigration poses a security threat to the United States?
    Yes - 94%No - 4.7% Undecided/No opinion - 1.3% Â*

3. Do you believe millions of illegal immigrants deserve welfare benefits, free health care and education, and even Social Security benefits paid for by American taxpayers?
    Yes - 5.8% No - 92.2% Undecided/No opinion - 2% Â*

4. Do you believe that high levels of illegal immigration are putting fiscal strains on state and local governments, depressing wages for low-income workers, and displacing Americans in the job market?
    Yes - 88.1% No - 9.4% Undecided/No opinion - 2.6% Â*

5. Do you support efforts by some lawmakers to offer amnesty, jobs, benefits, even citizenship to illegal immigrants?
    Yes - 11.6% No - 83.8% Undecided/No opinion - 4.6% Â*

6. Do you believe in more of a "get-tough" approach to curbing illegal immigration (i.e., closing our borders, denying illegal immigrants benefits, and deporting those caught by authorities)?
    Yes - 88.9% No - 8.6% Undecided/No opinion - 2.5% Â*

7. Do you support your Republican leadership's efforts to lead the debate on improving and strengthening our nation's efforts to halt the flood of illegal immigrants into America?
    Yes - 79% No - 10.6% Undecided/No opinion - 10.4% Â*Â*

8. Do you believe that illegal immigration is a homeland security issue?
    Yes - 90% No - 7% Undecided/No opinion - 3% Â*

Paid for by the
    National Republican Congressional Committee
    and not authorized by any candidate's committee.
    www.NRCC.org
    Not created at government expense.

Copyright 2005 | NRCC
    320 First Street SE | Washington, DC 20003
    (202) 479-7000 | Contact Us

When the Republicans are polled by their own and not the AILA the results are very different.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

REally--the ONLY one of those questions that you could TELL was answered by diehards was number 7! The rest of them were pretty astounding, huh?? Do you think they got the message?? NO because of the way they answered number 7!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

When I filled it out I said that the Republicans had some dissidents that were ding well onthe issue but that the party leadership is not. I hope the leadership gets the message.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, in my opinion, NONE of them gets the message except for Tancredo and he is a persona non grata in Washington. And, if getting the message means just spouting rhetoric that they think we WANT to hear, I will just plug my ears. I just don't think they will be able to pull off a sudden change of position when, all along, they have been FOR open borders, FOR amnesty and FOR appeasing all of those Hispanic voters--legal or ILLEGAL.

New blood. That's what the country needs.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Those who were polled and the poll itself should have taken it a step farther and answered the question "Do you think the President should be impeached for not honoring his oath?"

I mean its like they all don't agree with what's going on, but will be damned if they're going to stand up and speak--Protect the almighty party, no matter how corrupt it is!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Party AND the President. Everything else be damned.