Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

POP the cork Arnold vetos CA dream act

Office of the Governor :: Press Release To the Members of the California State Senate:
    I am returning Senate Bill 1 without my signature.
    At a time when segments of California public higher education, the University of
    California and the California State University, are raising fees on all students attending
    college in order to maintain the quality of education provided, it would not be prudent to
    place additional strain on the General Fund to accord the new benefit of providing state
    subsidized financial aid to students without lawful immigration status. Under existing
    law, undocumented students, who meet the required criteria, already qualify for the lower
    in-state tuition rate while attending California public colleges and universities.
    Therefore, I cannot sign this bill.
    Sincerely,
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Oh, thank goodness.
    After what he did with the rental bill I was really worried he had totally lost his way.
    Thank you for the good news caasduit.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Schwarzenegger Vetoes DREAM Act
    Written by Jason Kobely, Internet News Producer

Oct 13, 2007
    Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger Saturday vetoed the so-called Dream Act, legislation that would have provided college aid for illegal immigrant students who graduate from California high schools.

"It would not be prudent to place additional strain on the General Fund to accord the new benefit of providing state subsidized financial aid to students without lawful immigration status," Schwarzenegger wrote in his veto message. Those students already qualify for the lower in-state tuition rate, Schwarzenegger continued.

The measure by Sen. Gil Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, would have made state grants or community college fee waivers to immigrant students who attended a California high school for three years and graduated.

Schwarzenegger vetoed a similar bill last year.

http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=33920
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BRAVO Arnold, for stating the obvious!

If they're already getting in-state tuiton, why are they pushing this bill? Hmmm...could it be something else they want?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Well, this is good news!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP HHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    California was hoping Durban's DREAM Act would pass to take the pressure off of Califoria and throw it onto all of Americas tax payers back ... Well hey, when you can spread the cost across America it would keep Califorina from going bankrupt...

Arnold would love to have us pay for his states mistake and providing numerous aid packages to ILLEGAL ALIENS that normal tax payers have to fight for

YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

OMG I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS. I SENT SO MANY EMAILS FOR THIS. YES!!!!!

Bill would give illegal immigrant students tuition assistance

By: EDWARD SIFUENTES - Staff Writer

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS !

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10 ... _12_07.txt

Glad this one is over

I really sweated this one, I called his office at 3:00 in the morning sometimes to vote. Which one can do when they put it in his system. I just struggled to get my son in school, am swimming in debt. the very thought of illegal aliens getting help my son couldn't made my skin crawl.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast