Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OR (Portland) Day Labor Site to Open in May

Video from KATU web site (only):

http://www.katu.com/news/local/16244417 ... eo=pop&t=a

The story includes 3 interviews - 2 local business owners and the future guy who is going to run the center. Both business owners voice opposed opinions (1 on basis of legality, 1 on basis of city subsidy), the future director is a member of VOZ.

The interviews with the business owners are actually pretty good (surprisingly strongly opposed for around this area... )

Of course, the great state of Portland will forge ahead with their warm and fuzzy agenda, local citizens and public input be damned
    Mayor Potter, and mayoral candidates Sam Adams and Sho Dizono - what part of 'aiding and abetting' don't you understand? Oh, and BTW, should the legislation being proposed in the US Senate make it's way into law, you'll be costing the City of Portland and maybe even the state 10% of all it's Federal transportation dollars... jerks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

PhredE, this is just beyond the scope of reality, but then again, everything they do in Portland is...so it should be of no surprise to us Oregonians.

This is why I DO not live within the Portland city limits. We have actually talked about trying to find a place right outside the county line, just inside of Clackamas county, we fear another "countywide temporary income tax", we could not afford it, and do not want to be part of it.

Did Sho Dizono agree with this too (I have kept up little on things lately, we have been busy)? I could guess that Sam Adams did.

There are times we have even desired to live as far as the other side of the range, but then again, I would have little time with my grandson, and my mother lives alone in Sandy, so it seems unrealistic, but a dream.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE: Yes, all three apparently gave public comments in favor of it.

Did you check out the video of the interview? The comments from the business owners are quite good
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)