Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This place was built on sand. Why is there surprise that law enforcement brings hard times to criminal enterprises? All this weeping over a community of anarchists? Outrageous! We really need to lower the net. I miss this place like a boil.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Postville decimated by immigration raid one year ago

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    You know what would be great? It would be fantastic if enough American citizens were to go in and start buying up those homes, renting those empty stores, and RECLAIM Postville.......complete with the raising of one HUGE American flag right smack dab in the middle of that town!! It's times like this when I wish I had the money to get a project like that rolling, or knew how to go about finding some investors for such an effort. THIS is America, it belongs to US and we need to start taking it back.....both figuratively and literally.....one small town and one job at a time if we have to. That's how it was taken FROM us and it's how we can take it BACK.
    If a hunk of money fell on me right now...I would be right behind you, or right in front of you. I would buy all those houses and put an american flag in each yard.

How about right next to me with everyone else who wants to join in all lined up as one united front?
    Sounds great to me!!!! A wall of patriots united to take back one american town....and it would only be the first of many more after.

That's the idea! And we could use the money from the book and movie deals to move on to the next one!!! Oh well, it never hurts to dream..........
    It's a nice dream but recall this little town started out with only about 2,000 citizens. City management assumed they could increase their tax base with five big new processing plants, willingly suspending the disbelief that even one worker might be an illegal alien. Hazleton didn't make that mistake and Farmers Branch didn't either. I'd like to see a big American flag in every town square. But, I'd just as soon let this little town wither and rot -- as a message to other little towns tempted to appease the Mexicans. Just thinking out loud.
    '58 Airedale

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    This place was built on sand. Why is there surprise that law enforcement brings hard times to criminal enterprises? All this weeping over a community of anarchists? Outrageous! We really need to lower the net. I miss this place like a boil.
    +1

The OBL "journalist" who wrote this story unwittingly exposed how so many people in Postville benefitted from breaking numerous laws. It wasn't just Agriprocessors increasing their profit margin from cheap labor...Do these CRIMINALS actually expect us to feel sympathy for them now that they're moaning and complaining about being busted? Get bent! I read this story with a big grin on my face. Meat processors used to make $15 - $20 per hour 20 YEARS ago because not many people were willing to do it. It was a job that an American citizen with little education and skills could do and support his/her family before companies like Agriprocessors drove down the wages by using cheap illegal labor.

I can't believe more pro-union democrats are either not able or not willing to see the big picture. They talk about standing up for the little guy, but have no problem with sleazy employers driving down wages and giving the little guys' jobs to people who aren't even in the country legally.

Quote Originally Posted by SecureTheBorder
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    +1

The OBL "journalist" who wrote this story unwittingly exposed how so many people in Postville benefitted from breaking numerous laws. It wasn't just Agriprocessors increasing their profit margin from cheap labor...Do these CRIMINALS actually expect us to feel sympathy for them now that they're moaning and complaining about being busted? Get bent! I read this story with a big grin on my face. Meat processors used to make $15 - $20 per hour 20 YEARS ago because not many people were willing to do it. It was a job that an American citizen with little education and skills could do and support his/her family before companies like Agriprocessors drove down the wages by using cheap illegal labor.

I can't believe more pro-union democrats are either not able or not willing to see the big picture. They talk about standing up for the little guy, but have no problem with sleazy employers driving down wages and giving the little guys' jobs to people who aren't even in the country legally.
    Exactly. They all knew what was going on and were lining their pockets with it. Hopefully they've learned their lessons and if they haven't yet, they will before another company buys that plant and increases their production.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Im with you all on this. I have no pity for this town. They made thier bed, now they have to lie in it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Exactly! I wonder how many of those tenants in that guys $192,000 a month revenue rental apartments were on food stamps and MediCaid using their fake SSN to collect these and other benefits illegally? I wonder how many of his "tenants" were subsidized by HUD and the American Taxpayer?

God, these people make me want to puke! They deserve everything they're getting.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You know what would be great?

It would be fantastic if enough American citizens were to go in and start buying up those homes, renting those empty stores, and RECLAIM Postville.......complete with the raising of one HUGE American flag right smack dab in the middle of that town!!

It's times like this when I wish I had the money to get a project like that rolling, or knew how to go about finding some investors for such an effort.

THIS is America, it belongs to US and we need to start taking it back.....both figuratively and literally.....one small town and one job at a time if we have to. That's how it was taken FROM us and it's how we can take it BACK.
    If a hunk of money fell on me right now...I would be right behind you, or right in front of you. I would buy all those houses and put an american flag in each yard.

How about right next to me with everyone else who wants to join in all lined up as one united front?
    Sounds great to me!!!! A wall of patriots united to take back one american town....and it would only be the first of many more after.

That's the idea!

And we could use the money from the book and movie deals to move on to the next one!!!

Oh well, it never hurts to dream..........
    A series of "Taking Back America" books. Hey thats not such a bad idea. The first book could be named "Taking Back America: Postville Ground Zero".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry, they based their economy on "cheap labor" from ILLEGALS subsidized by the United States Citizen Taxpayers furnishing benefits for the ILLEGAL EMPLOYER'S ILLEGALS while increasing the "bottom line" of the ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS.

The reason we have the problem with ILLEGALS is because of our inept government and we do not need more government incompetence to intrude on the every day Citizen’s life. The answer is to Secure Our National Borders, the source of the ILLEGALS, and Enforce Our Immigration Laws (Heavy Fines and Felony Jail Time for ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS), the draw for the ILLEGALS; these are laws already on the books and they NEED to be enforced. HEAVY FINES and FELONY JAIL time for the ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS! Remember Robert Camp another ILLEGAL EMPLOYER from Houston, "his" ILLEGAL EMPLOYEE murdered a Houston Police Officer by empting a loaded handgun into the Police Officer's back because he was afraid to be DEPORTED AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2

It's a nice dream but recall this little town started out with only about 2,000 citizens. City management assumed they could increase their tax base with five big new processing plants, willingly suspending the disbelief that even one worker might be an illegal alien. Hazleton didn't make that mistake and Farmers Branch didn't either. I'd like to see a big American flag in every town square. But, I'd just as soon let this little town wither and rot -- as a message to other little towns tempted to appease the Mexicans. Just thinking out loud.

Oh, don't get me wrong T2........I could care less if Postville, as it stands today, withers and rots.

Those who are "suffering hardship" now are getting exactly what they had coming and I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy or compassion for a damned one of them.

What I was talking about is a reversal on what we always hear about illegal aliens and Postville is a classic example.

How many times do we hear the nauseating excuse that illegal aliens have "revitalized" and "brought new life" to towns like Postville which were "dying"?

And Americans can't do the same? Why in the hell not.....it was Americans and legal immigrants wanting to become Americans who built places like Postville to begin with.

Why can't patriotic American owners go in and buy up the failed plants which have had their cheap labor yanked right out from under them and gone under? Not only do they begin the process of restoring the manufacturing base to THIS country but they start restoring jobs to American citizens and keeping American made goods right here to encourage the growing market and demand for those goods.

It would be Americans buying up the real estate and commerical properties from the greedy and corrupt who want out from under what are now elephants sitting on their chests, local government and school boards managed by those acting in the best interests of Americans for a change, etc.

It would amount to nothing more than a reversal of what we have seen in places like Postville with an influx of illegal aliens supposedly "revitalizing" these places, the only difference being that it would be Americans doing the revitalizing and restoring.

"azwreath wrote:
    redpony353 wrote:
    azwreath wrote:
    redpony353 wrote:
    azwreath wrote:
    You know what would be great?

It would be fantastic if enough American citizens were to go in and start buying up those homes, renting those empty stores, and RECLAIM Postville.......complete with the raising of one HUGE American flag right smack dab in the middle of that town!!

It's times like this when I wish I had the money to get a project like that rolling, or knew how to go about finding some investors for such an effort.

THIS is America, it belongs to US and we need to start taking it back.....both figuratively and literally.....one small town and one job at a time if we have to. That's how it was taken FROM us and it's how we can take it BACK.

Sounds great to me!!!! A wall of patriots united to take back one american town....and it would only be the first of many more after."

My Reply:

The trouble is that Postville is located in Iowa, in the Middlewest, from which young natives have been fleeing for years to a less physcially exacting, more profitable and exciting life in urban areas. The State of Iowa itself has even tried offering tax incentives to induce young Iowans to remain in Iowa after they finish their educations to work and buy homes there with very little success.

It's a lovely idea, but Americans who rushed for free and low-cost land during the 19th Century now want a maintenance-free condo in a city!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast