Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I wonder if he pays workman's comp insurance, social security for his workers, state and federal withholding, and unemployment premiums? If not he is breaking the law and he bragged about it on national television.

But then the elites are "above the law.

I hope one falls a ladder and sues the &*^% out of him.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

Arrest him and the Illegals !

Powell says illegal immigrants do his home repairs

Retired Gen. Colin Powell appears on NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday. In a discussion of immigration policy, the former secretary of state said illegal immigrants work on his house.
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Secretary of State Colin Powell says illegal immigrants do essential work in the U.S. and he has firsthand knowledge of that — because they fix his house.
    Powell, a moderate Republican, urged his party Sunday to support immigration generally because it is "what's keeping this country's lifeblood moving forward."

In an interview with NBC's Meet the Press, he said a path to legal status should be offered to illegal immigrants in the U.S. because they "are doing things we need done in this country."

He added: "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

Powell did not say whether he's hired illegal immigrants directly or they showed up with contractors.

Powell was President George W. Bush's first-term secretary of state and the nation's top military officer in the presidency of Bush's father and in the early months of President Bill Clinton's administration.

Despite his Republican standing — he was once considered a formidable prospect for the Republican presidential or vice presidential nominations but stayed out of contention — he endorsed Democrat Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election.

In lamenting the party's rightward drift Sunday, he said Republicans must not become anti-immigration and spoke in support of legislation that would give certain children of illegal immigrants a way to become citizens if they pursue a college education or military service.

Immigration, he said, offers the U.S. a chance to maintain a youthful population in contrast with the aging of Europe and Japan.

Powell also said "fringe" elements on the right are taking a low road when they label Obama a foreign-born Muslim and peddle other false theories about non-American influences on the president's character. Obama was born in the U.S. and is Christian.

"Let's attack him on policy, not nonsense," he said.

And he said the tea party may not become an enduring force unless it moves beyond slogans and promotes an agenda that people "can see, touch and actually believe in." It's not enough, he said, to call for goals that most Americans support, such as controlled federal spending and adherence to the Constitution.

The former secretary of state said he still sees Obama as a transformational figure, if one who has lost some of his ability to connect with people.

Powell said he's not giving up on the Republican Party, even in the face of a rightward drift, and says it might actually help Obama if Republicans win the House in November and gain responsibility for driving policy, not just opposing Democrats.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... tion_N.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    I wonder if he pays workman's comp insurance, social security for his workers, state and federal withholding, and unemployment premiums? If not he is breaking the law and he bragged about it on national television.

But then the elites are "above the law.

I hope one falls a ladder and sues the &*^% out of him.
    You said what needed to be said. I was thinking in terms. Of only hiring a registered contractor too, or you'll get burned and have no recourse for the shotty work that has been done.

This man should be investigated. A lot of people have given up high judgeships for having hired undocumented nannys and housekeepers too.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mr. Powell is just another Elitist with little or no concern for United States Citizens. And of course the Elitists are no more concerned about the ILLEGALS than they are of United States Citizens; JUST FOLLOW THE MONEY! Once again the Elitist Politicians from both major Political Parties and their Elitist Political Contributors consider United States citizens only as units of labor and the sooner we become a Third World Country the better for their bottom line!

My son was just fired friday night. He worked for the same roofing contractor for 5yrs now, and in 5yrs. has only missed 15 or 16 days. last week his boss handed the keys to the shop and the keys to the company truck over to an illegal from el' salvador I worked with this IA in the past. Funny thing is there was 4,or 5 of us that worked for yrs for this asshole and let go, and have struggled ever since.He kept my son.It's Americans betraying us, I feel like we're being discriminated against because we're Americans. This silly kid of mine, if he sees someone in trouble, he don't waste no time throwin' his back into it no matter what. The look on his face and to see his big ol' Humpback whale size heart broke just tore me up."" GOD BLESS AMERICA" If you're having work done on your house ask around there's alot of us journeymen who are outta work and we don't have big yellow page ads to pay for and don't need to drive 80K dollar trucks we bought to hide revenue from SAM and then write it off. Highest Quality work for a dollar less then the illegals. Just talk to your neighbors and friends and family you'll find us I promise you that. Thanks again you guys.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

Call Ice

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    My son was just fired friday night. He worked for the same roofing contractor for 5yrs now, and in 5yrs. has only missed 15 or 16 days. last week his boss handed the keys to the shop and the keys to the company truck over to an illegal from el' salvador I worked with this IA in the past. Funny thing is there was 4,or 5 of us that worked for yrs for this V******V and let go, and have struggled ever since.He kept my son.It's Americans betraying us, I feel like we're being discriminated against because we're Americans. This silly kid of mine, if he sees someone in trouble, he don't waste no time throwin' his back into it no matter what. The look on his face and to see his big ol' Humpback whale size heart broke just tore me up."" GOD BLESS AMERICA" If you're having work done on your house ask around there's alot of us journeymen who are outta work and we don't have big yellow page ads to pay for and don't need to drive 80K dollar trucks we bought to hide revenue from SAM and then write it off. Highest Quality work for a dollar less then the illegals. Just talk to your neighbors and friends and family you'll find us I promise you that. Thanks again you guys.
    Sorry to hear that Steve. If you know that there are Illegals working for this company, I would call ICE and report them... http://www.ice.gov/about/contact.htm

Yes, he should be immediately investigated for willfully and knowingly hiring illegal aliens and be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law.

It's unimaginable now that such a person was US Secretary of State and a 4-Star General ... let alone National Security Adviser and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

I could puke that we had such a traitor in these high level positions spanning 4 Administrations.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast