Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Praise for Postville raid

Praise for Postville raid

SIOUX CITY -- Finally, our government has done something constructive and worth paying taxes for. The illegal alien immigration raid at Postville was long overdue. This action should be topped off with the planning of many more needed raids.

Unfortunately our government has to enforce our sovereign law backwards because of past decades of an open-border, catch-and-release policy. One of the most basic functions of a civilized country is the protection of its citizens by the protection of its border. Although much damage has already been done we are finally starting to take baby steps in the right direction.

We should continue building a border fence or better yet a wall as if our very lives depend on it because they more than likely do. Along with the multitudes of job-destroying illegals has come gang violence, theft and murder, not to mention the extreme burden to our ever-precious health care and education systems. On an even darker side, who knows how many terrorists have entered while our leftist senators and representatives slept or debated frivolous and foolish things.

Hopefully this action is not just because there are elections on the horizon, but instead means that some in Washington might finally be getting it. -- Loran Joens
    http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/article ... 7513e0.txt
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great letter. Thanks for posting it.

Hopefully this action is not just because there are elections on the horizon, but instead means that some in Washington might finally be getting it.

IMO, that's not the reason for any of this. Why? Because Bush is termed out this year, and all three top contenders for office are pro-illegal to the hilt and have not been shy about saying so. There's not a single one of them who has anything to prove through immigration enforcement operations which will help them politically.

Other than that, I agree with everything the writer had to say and I believe that the raid is Postville and subsequent prosecutions were just the beginning and we're going to see more, with even harsher consequences.

After years of millions of illegals flooding into this country in a situation we were ill equipped to handle, the process of reversal was going to have to be a gradual one, for several reasons, not the least of which, I believe, is the threat of violence within our borders which has not been seen here since the Civil War.

Almost a year ago, when the amnesty attempt collapsed, IAs and their advocates were put on notice that life in this country as they knew it was coming to an end and IAs were urged to go home on their own or face increased and more agressive enforcement actions.

And that is exactly what has happened. We've seen a gradual increase in the number of actions, and now we've seen an object lesson in the form of Postville. That raid and the subsequent prosecutions was a successful excercise in "shock and awe", sending a HUGE message, and also not only neutralizing the pro-illegals and their usual obstruction of justice tactics but knocking them off their pedestals in a big way.

The five month sentences which were imposed may seem light, but again IAs and their advocates have been put on notice and I think this was simply another gradual step with more severe consequences coming in the future.

Personally, I can't wait to see what's next.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree Azwreath and it is time we start asking the question "When will the Catholic Church lose it's Tax Free Status?" since they have entered politics plus Aiding and Abetting IA's, which is against the law .

Good comments are being left at article site.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson