Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Prediction, our second hand SUVs will migrate to Mexico

Since Mexican fuel costs are artificially low there and SUV prices are dropping here now the Mexicans are likely to buy used SUVs for use in Mexico.

There is a downside to Mexico which is facing declining oil production subsidizing fuel for it's consumers. If there were no subsidy on fuel for trucks it would be easier to protect their domestic grain producers. The urban Mexicans are the ones with more political power and there are campesino organizations who want greater fuel subsidies for domestic grain production. They want to operate tractors and to drive their grain to central markets. The better opportunity for them is adding more value where they are. They do not realize that cheap fuel actually hurts them.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nah. People need to just hang on. Universal healthcare is no good if you can't get to where it is. Local governments are cutting public transportation due to the increased fuel cost. We're not headed there. Look for an addition to the food stamp program called "gas stamps." /sarc
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SUVs will go south ....one way or the other.

More room for more drugs and illegals to smuggle. My concern would be if they have enough of the high tech repair shops to maintain them. It's not something you can fix in your driveway on the weekend.

I don't see how they intend to almost crush the need for these larger vehicles though. Isn't it rather crazy to allow 12 to 40 million illegal people here who are proud of their large families and then turn around and want small cars? How can you have baby seats for 6 kids in a small car?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not to mention we have pot holes that bottom out trucks.....a small car couldn't handle the lousy roads here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I also thought of this. When I traded my SUV for my econo-box, I pretty much figured it would end up deep in South America somewhere....sad.