Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That was not my understanding, Judy, but I HOPE you're right. WHY was Nixon not tried???? I would LOVE to see him squirming on a witness stand but I thought that Congress had to impeach them first. Also, why was Clinton not tried but was impeached??? Enlighten me, please!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    That was not my understanding, Judy, but I HOPE you're right. WHY was Nixon not tried???? I would LOVE to see him squirming on a witness stand but I thought that Congress had to impeach them first. Also, why was Clinton not tried but was impeached??? Enlighten me, please!
    I just saw your post Bootsie, and I will adress it. Nixon was not tried because he did a "plea bargain with congress. Clinton was impeached but not convicted. Impeachment is just like an indictment. I could get indicted for being a TEXAN. But there would be not a conviction of the jury did not think that being a TEXAN was criminal. Clinton got articles of impeachment, but was not found guilty. Does this help? Just think of it as getting a ticket and going to court. The cop does not show. Or , even if he does, the judge belives you over him. Hell, you did stop at that stop sign. You tell your story and the cop is off guard. You win. Bush is guilty as I am black, and I am BLACK.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

H--no, Bootsie Baby. I despise the man. Three years ago I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but since I don't having a learning disability, I have changed my mind. I think he's a creep, a liar and one of worst presidents ever, next to Carter. Plus I think, facially, he looks like a bloated snapping turtle.

Sixx wrote
    Nixon was not tried because he did a "plea bargain with congress.
    Well, actually, Nixon resigned. I don't know that I'd call that a plea bargain with congress.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Right. Nixon resigned during the Watergate Hearings on whether or not to bring Impeachment Proceedings. Because it was apparent or at least seemed to everyone that the committee was going to recommend impeachment and that the House of Representatives would probably vote to Impeach, Nixon resigned to save the country all the continuing turmoil. Even if he was impeached, they would still have needed a vote in the US Senate to Remove Him From Office. Many then and many still today think the US Senate would not have considered the actions "rising to the level" of Removal from Office.

Similar to what happened in the Clinton case except Nixon resigned even before impeachment proceedings began in the House of Representatives. Clinton was actually Impeached by the US House of Representatives, but the US Senate decided the causes and nature of the Impeachment did not rise to the level of Removing a President from Office.

For the record, it was proved that Nixon had NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE of Watergate. He found out much later during the Watergate Hearings and to protect his Men, he was complicit in a burying of the matter and they were going to charge him with Obstruction of Justice. He never lied under oath to my knowledge. He never committed perjury. He actually never broke any laws. But, he did not squeal on his "guys" and denied the event occurred late in the fiasco after he had learned from his "guys" that they had broken into the Watergate; that made everyone mad; and they went after him. Did he do the wrong thing standing up for his "guys"... everyone that didn't like Nixon to begin with thought so.

His guys let him down by tryng such a foolish stunt.

Also, there were no wire-tap laws until about 3 months before Watergate. Up til then, the wire-taps would have been legal. The break in might not have been, but if they'd been able to place the wire taps without breaking in, 3 months before Watergate even the "guys" would not have broken any laws.

Interesting part of our history which pales to what we are dealing with now.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: PRESIDENT INDICTED FEDERAL GRAND JURY DIGGING DEEP INTO

[quote="jp_48504"]http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/president_indicted.html

PRESIDENT INDICTED

FEDERAL GRAND JURY DIGGING DEEP INTO BUSH CRIMES

rss202

By Greg Szymanski

A federal whistleblower close to the Chicago federal grand jury probe into perjury and obstruction charges against President Bush and others said indictments of top officials were handed down this week. A spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office of the Northern District of Illinois, however, refused to confirm or deny the source’s account.

Sixx says: This is pivotal. Obstruction of justice is the least he is guilty of. He is GWB. I do not address that maniac as president.

“We are not talking about any aspect of this case, and our office is not commenting on anything regarding the investigation at this time,� said Randall Sanborn from the office of U.S. federal prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald, the attorney conducting the grand jury probe into whether Bush and others in his administration violated federal law in a number of sensitive areas, including leaking the name of a CIA operative to the media.

Sixx says: As I am told, Patrick Fitzgerald is no PUNK.
    In December 2003, Fitzgerald was named special counsel to investigate the alleged disclosure of Valerie Plame’s name to several mainstream columnists, but the present grand jury probe has expanded to include widereaching allegations of criminal activity as new information has surfaced.

Sixx says: Karl Rove disclosed the idenity of a C.I.A officer. That is against the law. PERIOD. Valerie Plame had her life endangered by this fool. If I were Ambasodor Wilson, he would have much bigger problems than a U.S Attorney. Belive that.

Although the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago is staying silent, it is well known that Fitzgerald is digging deep into an assortment of serious improprieties among many Bush administration figures, based, in part, on subpoenaed testimony provided by former Secretary of State Colin Powell.

Sixx says: General Powell did not lie. He knew what was up with Niger. However, Colin Powell was TRICKED by Rumsfeld, Rice, El Dumbassso, and the others. That is why he left in the second term of this disaster.

According to whistleblower Tom Heneghen, who recently reported on truthradio.com, Powell testified before the citizen grand jury that Bush had taken the United States to war based on lies, which is a capital crime involving treason under the U.S. Code. “Regarding the Powell testimony, there is no comment,� said Sanborn.

Sixx says: In case you do not live in a capital punishment state, that means the DEATH PENALTY. When it comes to "W", it could not happen to a more deserving individual. I personally HATE George W. Bush. I hope Air Force One crashes on approach to Crawford, Texas. I wish his 2006 Cadillac limo would blow up with his sorry butt inside. This sorry butt fatherless child will get his and when he dies all drinks are on ME.

However, sources close to the federal grade jury probe also allegedly told Heneghen a host of administration figures under Bush were indicted, including Vice President Richard Cheney, Chief of Staff Andrew Card, Cheney Chief of Staff I. Lewis “Scooter� Libby, Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, former Attorney General John Ashcroft, imprisoned New York Times reporter Judith Miller and former Cheney advisor Mary Matalin. Heneghen, unavailable for comment, also allegedly told sources White House advisor Karl Rove was indicted for perjury in a major document shredding operation cover-up.

Sixx says:

In recent weeks, there has been much controversy over Fitzgerald’s wide-reaching probe, which is extending far beyond the Bush administration to include what some have called “a wholesale cleansing� of a crimeladen White House and Congress.

Sixx says: Throw all of em in jail for life without the possibility of parole.

Fitzgerald’s investigation is said to be also centered on members of the 9-11 Commission, members on both sides of the aisle in the House and Senate and also select high-powered members of the media.

Needless to say, administration officials are “fighting mad� with Fitzgerald. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Pat Roberts is trying to derail Fitzgerald’s probe by calling him to testify before the Senate regarding his true motives behind the investigation.

Sixx says: Tough excrement. Be fighting mad. U think we ain't fighting mad fool?

Political observers are now wondering whether administration-friendly Republican legislators, some under investigation themselves, are conspiring like President Nixon did in Watergate with Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox in an attempt to shield the Bush administration from prosecution.

Sixx says: Hey Bush, take your chances in court. Your chances among the people, just you walking around in Dallas, are not to good. There has never been that many secret service fools to protect you man to man. Bring the whole damn Secret Service. There are more ANGRY TEXANS than there will EVER be SS agents.

In late July, reports about the recent bomb scare in the subway under the congressional offices at the Dirksen Buildingâ€â€
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123