Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Press Relase: $100,000 Donation for Border Fence

Post details: PRESS RELEASE: $100,000 DONATION FOR BORDER FENCE
    05/25/06
    08:49:51 am, Categories: National News, Media Center, 459 words
    PRESS RELEASE: $100,000 DONATION FOR BORDER FENCE
    PHOENIX, AZ (May 25, 2006) – Chris Simcox, President of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps (“MCDC”), today announced receipt of a $100,000 donation in support of the Minuteman border fence effort to build security fencing and barriers along the southern U.S. border with Mexico.

Simcox issued the following statement:

“Jim Campbell is a great American who has stepped forward to ensure the success of the efforts of law-abiding American citizens to do the job the government refuses to do: secure our borders. On behalf of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, I would like to thank Arizona Minuteman Jim Campbell for his tremendous generosity, and vote of confidence in MCDC’s security fence initiative. As the Senate continues to ignore the logistical realities involved in securing the border, and to engage in irresponsible rhetoric and legislative maneuverings that increase the staggering influx of people illegally crossing the border in hopes of amnesty, the Minutemen will continue our efforts to make sure America’s borders are secured with all speed.”

Jim Campbell, a homebuilder in Phoenix, Arizona, and a U.S. military veteran, issued the following statement:

“Like countless other aging veterans and ‘baby boomers,’ I see this as a seminal point in America's history. Collectively, we've survived the challenges of the Cold War and various other national crises. Our government has thus far failed in its fundamental duty to secure our borders—which has caused a national security crisis of the first order. When a self-governing people are faced with such dereliction of duty, we must step up to the plate ourselves and get the job done.

“Even if government steps in and votes to fund anything comprehensive enough to deal with border security, it will have to borrow the money, creating additional financial burdens that our children and grandchildren will have to shoulder. We 'Boomers'—through our private resources—can instead help determine that the kind of country we leave behind to our children and grandchildren is blessed with national security and fiscal solvency.

“With my $100,000.00 donation, I am challenging the 'Boomers' to donate meaningfully to the Minuteman Border Fence Project. Collectively, we have the financial strength to fund this project entirely. If we do so, we will never have to explain to younger generations how we let our national security be placed at risk when we could have acted. We will never have to explain how we failed to show the courage to do what was necessary, simply by getting out our checkbooks, and putting in some long hours of hard, hot work in the desert. I can now rest comfortably knowing that I can look the next generation in the eye and say to them: ‘We stepped up and did what we could to preserve the future of your country.’"

WOW!

I can now rest comfortably knowing that I can look the next generation in the eye and say to them: ‘We stepped up and did what we could to preserve the future of your country.’"
    Isn't that statement the truth of all of this. Someone in here yesterday said they thought Americans would not rise to the challenge that those who did would stand alone. I think just the opposite. Americans have been skillfully kept in the closet...betrayed by mainstream media as well as our "representatives".

If we can only get the word out - they won't let the future generations down.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Sending my donation, I'm not a boomer and i dont have a 100k, but will send what I can.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

That is the best way we can express our appreciation to Mr. Campbell, and it is the best way we can support the incredible efforts of the Minuteman Project. We can donate online or send it through the mail.

Here's the link:

http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)